Internal Audit Client Manager - Risk Advisory - 12mth FTC
Internal Audit Client Manager - Risk Advisory Services – Birmingham – 12mth FTC
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
Our Advisory team provide a wide variety of services that deliver value-led advice and outcomes. They have an in-depth knowledge of business, industry sectors and markets and understand the constantly changing risks and opportunities at the heart of our clients’ affairs. The team work across strategy, operations and improvement as well as at a transactional and defined project level. From technology to risk advisory, they’re experts in following through on top-level instructions and resolving the finer details – all in one straight-forward package.
When you join them, you’ll work on some of the world's most exciting financial operations and business deals, building your experience and expertise alongside the brightest minds in the industry.
We’ll help you succeed
You’ll be a Risk and Advisory Services (RAS) Manager managing multiple risk management and internal audit teams and assignments of moderate complexity and variety in line with BDO’s defined methodologies. You’ll also support Directors and Partners with work, build excellent client relationships, assist with the department’s strategy and support marketing and business development projects. The primary focus of this role will be on delivery and business development across the North of England, although some delivery may require national and international travel. You’ll also:
- Deliver risk management, corporate governance and internal audit assignments, which may involve benchmarking systems and processes, and making recommendations for improvement.
- Co-determine with the Partner/Director an audit strategy and risk assessment that will enable profits and the delivery of a value proposition.
- Review assignment files and reports, including assessment of the appropriateness of the recommendation.
- Responsible for the planning and scheduling of individual assignments, undertake staff scheduling, ensuring that you have the ‘best’ team for the client.
- Manage the billing and collection in respect of each client in their portfolio.
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
- ACA, ACCA, MIIA or CCAB qualified and relevant experience of risk management, internal audit and systems/controls testing.
- Educated up to degree level.
- Previous experience of managing people
- Commercial sector experience appropriate to BDO clients.
- Awareness of compliance, legislative and market issues relevant to client businesses.
- Full driving licence and own car is preferable - flexibility to travel on a regular basis locally with potential for wider travel including international assignments.
- Project management experience.
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 28 days’ holiday;
- Private medical insurance;
- 6% cash benefits allowance & bonus
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different so, we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts off cinemas, dining, and gyms;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- access childcare vouchers;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 6,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
Are you ready to join them?For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.