Senior Manager / Associate Director - Business Restructuring - Insolvency - London or Regions
Business Restructuring Senior Manager / Associate Director
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
Our Advisory team provide a wide variety of services that deliver value-led advice and outcomes. They have an in-depth knowledge of business, industry sectors and markets and understand the constantly changing risks and opportunities at the heart of our clients’ affairs. The team work across strategy, operations and improvement as well as at a transactional and defined project level. From technology to risk advisory, they’re experts in following through on top-level instructions and resolving the finer details – all in one straight-forward package. When you join them, you’ll work on some of the world's most exciting financial operations and business deals, building your experience and expertise alongside the brightest minds in the industry.
We’ll help you succeed
You’ll be a Senior Manager/AD proactively managing a range of projects of various sizes and complexity, with limited input from senior colleagues, as well as being responsible for guiding junior team members.
Alongside this you will continue to develop your existing relevant technical and accountancy knowledge through on-the-job experience and a variety of training opportunities. In addition there are a range of opportunities to become involved in business development initiatives.
This role is responsible to a designated director or partner on specific cases and ultimately to a dedicated counselling partner.
The role requires an understanding of corporate insolvency procedures from start to finish, with a particular emphasis on Administrations, including pre-pack transactions. In addition, the successful candidate should also have a good understanding of Creditors’ Voluntary Liquidations and Company Voluntary Arrangements. You’ll also:
- Assume day to day responsibility for the delivery of a range of projects (both in terms of size and complexity), project managing assignments to resolve the majority of issues prior to director/ partner involvement
- Support senior members of the team to deliver on a range of assignments, providing strategic input where necessary and deputising for directors / partners as required
- Provide on the job training and guidance to junior colleagues, ensuring that a variety of challenging work is provided to aid retention and career development
- Undertake financial analysis and prepare financial models
- Maintain a thorough understanding of statutory and compliance processes and deadlines
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
- Hold a relevant professional qualification (ICAEW/ ACCA), with an appropriate amount of experience
- An insolvency qualification is desirable, but not essential
- Up to date understanding of regulatory and statutory requirements
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint and IPS
- Excellent written and numerical skills
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Have a willingness to learn new things and thrive on new challenges
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic team player
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 28 days’ holiday;
- Private medical insurance;
- 6% cash benefits allowance
- Discretionary bonus
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different so, we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts off cinemas, dining, and gyms;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- access childcare vouchers;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 6,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
Are you ready to join them?
Our Agency Policy
BDO has a commitment to building relationships directly with candidates (and agencies) in our local markets and as such, we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We work closely with our preferred suppliers to support us in sourcing quality candidates but we only pay agency fees where we have a signed agreement in place and an agency has been instructed by a member of the BDO Resourcing team. We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to BDO by any means other than through our recruitment portal. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the BDO Resourcing team, BDO reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of any agency fee.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.