Consulting - Financial Analyst - Qatar
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.Job Description & Summary
You will support in developing the section-level operations plans cascaded from the department in line with unit strategic objectives of our client. You will ideally have previous experience as a Financial Analyst within Capital Markets in the region.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Conduct thorough review of applications for offering and listing of securities, sukuks, bonds, funds and advisors in primary and secondary markets.
- Ensure that all required documents are included in applications and monitor compliance with disclosure provisions in alignment with the applicable rules and regulations
- Ensure that applications, induction bulletins and all annexes prepared by the companies comply with the client's requirements.
- Evaluate financial statements required in public offering and listing documents and reports using internationally accepted valuation principles and procedures.
- Report findings to determine the extent to which securities of a given company comply with listing requirements and provide preliminary recommendations on the approval process.
- Draft communication and request for more information in cases of non-compliance or if additional information is required.
- Conduct research on international standards and emerging trends as instructed by manager in order to recommend enhancements on securities offering & listing policies and procedures and to leverage leading practices in conducting own work.
- Liaise and communicate with other departments on shared functions as and when required
- In-depth knowledge of capital markets and financial structure.
- Strong expertise in securities market and trading platform and functions.
- Knowledge of the market department's mandate and mission of the client as well as the legislation, regulations and policies administered by the authority.
- Proficiency in Arabic is essential, and English language proficiency is preferred
- Issuer management: The ability to control the issue of capital market and asset management instruments including equity products, debt and other instruments to create a regulatory environment enabling the development of the securities market in Qatar.
- International trends and best practices: Demonstrate knowledge of the guiding principles, standards and leading practices for capital market regulators and the ability to apply this knowledge to identify opportunities for continuous improvement with clients and key stakeholders. This also includes the ability to guide others on the application of these principles in own work.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, finance, business or other relevant field.
- CFA certificate is preferred.
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?Yes
Government Clearance Required?No
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.