Senior Accountant-Regulatory Reporting #168378
Your field of responsibility
We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our cultural values
Regulatory Reporting is the process by which the Bank’s financial results are reported externally to regulators and other partners. You will serve a critical role within US Regulatory Reporting by taking a meaningful role in the regulatory reporting for the Credit Suisse (CS) Holdings and CS NY and Cayman Branches. You will interact directly with regulators, auditors (both internal and external), head office, and other senior level partners. You will display a high level of integrity and social skills when dealing with clients, and can work independently and in a team dynamic to meet both Credit Suisse and external deadlines.
- Prepare and analyze financial reports according to US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP) and regulator requirements.
- Perform thorough analysis of the balance sheet and P&L to provide a proper control environment and ensure that reports have a high degree of accuracy.
- Act as a trusted partner to internal and external collaborators regarding regulatory requirements across a broad suite of products, including trading inventory, derivatives, loans, and repos.
- Build and manage strong working relationships with a variety of departments across the organization.
- Drive automation and efficiency by seeking opportunities to improve reporting systems and coordinating with IT and Change Management to implement changes.
- Maintain controlled and well-documented processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your skills and experience:
- Understand the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting / Finance.
- CPA / MBA preferred.
- 4-6 years prior related accounting / regulatory / financial reporting experience (experience in public accounting or banking industry preferred).
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft applications, particularly Excel.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to comfortably present to auditors and management.
- Driven - someone who accepts challenge.
- Demonstrate initiative - a self-starter that requires minimal direction.
- Hardworking, result oriented with ability to learn quickly in a fast paced environment
- Work autonomously and successfully build and maintain positive relationships.
- Proven interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Proactive control approach.
Your new employer
Find a new home for your skills, ideas, and ambitions. Credit Suisse offers you the ideal environment to progress your career, attractive benefits and excellent training.
We are a leading wealth manager with strong global investment banking capabilities founded in 1856. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, and with more than 45,000 employees from over 150 nations, we are always looking for motivated individuals to help us shape the future for our clients.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Our bank provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as well as those with other needs or beliefs as may be protected under applicable local law. If you require assistance during the recruitment process, please let your recruiter know.
Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws, as well as regulatory requirements, regarding considering of employment qualified individuals with criminal histories and prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.