KPMG is a global organization of independent professional services firms providing Audit, Tax, and Advisory services. We operate in 146 countries and territories and in FY20 had close to 227,000 people working in member firms around the world. Our purpose is to Inspire Confidence and Empower Change by turning knowledge into value for the benefit of our clients, our people, and the capital markets. KPMG is The Clear Choice and offers a world of opportunities.
KPMG is looking for a highly motivated and dynamic Manager who will report to the leadership of KPMG Advisory Services Ltd. The role has primary responsibility for managing a portfolio of advisory clients and projects. If you’re an outside-the-box thinker who enjoys exploring the myriad ways people, strategy, operations, finance, and process improvement help shape the future of our clients’ organizations, then you may be the right fit for KPMG.
Key job functions and responsibilities include:
- Overseeing the development, execution, and evaluation of advisory engagements, which may involve process transformation, operational performance improvement, strategy and policy development, financial modeling, valuation, financial and commercial due diligence, people & change, data & analytics, and stakeholder engagement.
- Understanding client issues and using robust research, analysis, and innovative techniques to establish client value propositions that tie key strategic, financial, and operational metrics to near and long-term performance improvement.
- Working in various sectors including infrastructure, public sector, financial services, and tourism & hospitality.
- Acting as project manager for the duration of engagements, serving as key contact for the client, developing and managing project scope and workplans/budgets, assessing risk, managing resources, and coordinating the work of the team.
- Assisting in new business development including the preparation and presentation of KPMG Advisory offerings to the market.
- Reporting to clients, partners, and the management team on engagement progress and ensuring adherence to all compliance and regulatory rules.
- Managing, coaching, and developing people.
The Manager is expected to have the following qualifications and attributes:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business, finance, management, operations, accounting, or economics from a recognized university and a minimum of 6-8 years relevant work experience are required, preferably within an advisory firm.
- Strong business acumen, with analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to understand how business decisions impact operating model design and execution, financial metrics, technology, risk governance, and organizational design.
- Experience managing a portfolio of activities within a project or team; previous experience in setting priorities and balancing competing deadlines desired and experience mentoring or managing employees including annual goal setting, performance review, and discussing career opportunities.
- A keen eye for detail, strong people skills, superior financial skills, the ability to work at one’s own initiative, handle a demanding business environment, meet tight deadlines, and maintain composure under pressure, as well as the willingness to travel at relatively short notice.
- An interest in technology and analytics, with a strong understanding of technology used for the processing, analysis, and visualization of data is a plus.
- Strong writing skills and full proficiency in the Microsoft office suite of products and electronic research tools are essential.
We offer a team-based environment with wonderful opportunities, in our Nassau and Freeport offices, to broaden your professional experience in a varied practice that offers competitive compensation and benefits packages.
Assurance is given that every applicant will be treated in the strictest of confidence. Only applicants who meet the criteria stated above will be contacted.