Finance Director - IT MNC Start Up
A well practiced global AI IT solution company is looking for director of accounting to supports its early entry practice in China, targeting MNC background full function finance background, IT industry preferred.
Practiced for over 15 years, the company has now at its D round, raised 130mn USD in 2018, pre IPO stage.
Founder is multiple-time start-up entrepreneur, including a successful Nasdaq IPO in 2011;
China target clients are SOEs，including Banks (BOC, ICBC, CCB, ABC, CMB, Minsheng), Insurance (PICC, Ping'an, China Pacifics), Telecom;
China CEO was executive from Sintel and Google;
The company enjoys 70% YoY growth.
Reporting to the Chief Accounting Officer (CAO), Afiniti is seeking a talented and enthusiastic Director of Accounting - China who will be responsible for accounting and finance activities, including the transfer pricing, statutory audits, statutory income tax and VAT filings and effectively managing significant interaction and communication with third party service providers. This role will require a lot of interactions with the operational and management personnel in China and supporting their inquiries as well.
- Manage / perform monthly closing for China legal entity, reporting, and liaising effectively as the primary contact to the business for all matters related to financial accounting, including monthly closing, analysis, and management reporting:
o Secure the operative flow of the yearly and monthly closing of the book process,
o Secure monthly and yearly operational and legal reporting, and
o Provide financial analysis and reports for various stakeholders in the organization.
- Ensure compliance of the applicable Accounting Standards and regulatory rules and regulations as well as Afiniti's corporate accounting policies and internal controls.
- Manage statutory audits, annual inspection and regulatory filings. Make sure all financial data adheres to current tax laws and regulations.
- Oversee legal entity and financial controls and guardianship:
o Ensure the transfer pricing of these entities is in-line with the agreements,
o Intercompany cross charge for service fees are appropriately recorded in the correct period with appropriate documentation, and
o Act as primary liaison to local third-party service providers to ensure timely filing of income tax and VAT returns.
- Stay abreast of changes in the current tax/accounting laws of the region.
Experience and Skill Set
- 7+ years of relevant accounting experience
- Skilled in Microsoft suite; proficient in complex accounting systems
- Highly skilled in IFRS and good working knowledge of US GAAP
- Excellent financial and analytical abilities
- High attention to detail
Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- US or Chinese CPA certification
- Silicon valley start up culture, "stay hungry, stay foolish", embracing the culture of meritocracy and direct feedback
- Support early entry to China business that shape finance governance from scratch
- MNC cultural crash versatile working environment
- Pre IPO stage global business
To apply online please click the Apply button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Stella Zheng on +86 10 5969 0541