Manager Financial Control - 15 month contract
See yourself in our team
Financial Services (FS) partner with all areas of CommBank to provide specialist advice on financial management and strategy. CFS (Colonial First State) Finance supports the Senior Leadership Team of the CFS business under the Deputy CEO Office to manage and grow its superannuation and platform businesses.
In May 2020 the Bank announced the sale of 55% interest in the CFS business to KKR. The CFS business is currently working on a separation program with the expectation that the transaction will complete in first half of calendar 2021.
CFS is part of the Wealth Management (WM) Division of the CBA and provides superannuation and investment administration services for over $100 billion in assets as well as exiting a number of businesses, as previously announced.
WM Finance (WMF) supports the WM Senior Leadership Team to manage and grow the business.
The WMF team partners with the business to:
- Drive behaviours across WM to achieve strategic financial objectives;
- Provide financial leadership in determining strategic business direction and aligned financial strategies;
- Protect, preserve and safeguard WM and therefore CBA assets; and
- Balance capabilities, costs and service levels to fulfil WMF’s responsibilities.
The Financial Risk and Reporting team works closely with internal WMF customers (Business Partnering teams, Fund Accounting team and the CFS business) and external WMF customers (e.g. WM Business Divisions, Group Finance, Risk) to deliver best practice and expertise pertaining to financial reporting, risk management and payments execution.
Do work that matters
- Responsible for ensuring multiple product and project changes are correctly implemented and impacts effectively communicated. This requires working closely with multiple business and finance stakeholders
- Analyse month on month variances and movements and communicating outcomes to senior managers and Business Partnering Team
- Manage intercompany settlements & provide oversight to ensure complex monthly/quarterly fee and rebate calculations are correct and in accordance with underlying contracts
- Oversee completion of consolidated month end results and reporting requirements for the CFS entities, including stat to management reconciliations and regulatory calculations and review and approval of monthly balance sheet reconciliations and balance sheet attestations
- Primary contact point for auditors, accountable for preparation of audit work paper files for half year and annual statutory reporting, including completion of CBA Group Reporting as well as completion of Statutory Financial Statements for CFS operating entities
We’re interested in hearing from people who possess
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, particularly in application of accounting principles
- Experience managing financial controls within a financial services environment
- Proven ability to work in and influence a team and contribute to team-wide projects and deliverables
- Tertiary and Professional qualifications
- Minimum 4 years post qualification experience, bank or finance experience in similar will be highly regarded
If this sounds interesting, APPLY NOW!
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 23/04/2021
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.