Olam International is a leading food and agri-business supplying food, ingredients, feed and fibre to over 19,800 customers worldwide. Our value chain spans over 60 countries and includes farming, processing and distribution operations, as well as a sourcing network of 4.8 million farmers. Through our purpose to 'Re-imagine Global Agriculture and Food Systems', Olam aims to address the many challenges involved in meeting the needs of a growing global population, while achieving positive impact for farming communities, our planet and all our stakeholders. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, Olam currently ranks among the top 30 largest primary listed companies in terms of market capitalisation on SGX-ST.
Our portfolio includes almonds, cashew, chia, hazelnuts, peanuts, pistachios, sesame, and walnuts. We are deeply invested at all points of the value chain, from orchard and field to the most technologically advanced processing facilities, which are all HACCP, ISO or BRC accredited. At the same time, we are continuing to build a greater direct presence in producing countries, one that aligns with our tradition of weaving sustainability and community development into our business.
The Product Finance Controller’s key role is to augment the business with its growth trajectory/plans. The role holder will also be responsible for handling all corporate finance related activities including consolidation and management reporting.
Key Performance Matrices include:
- Timely review and closing of Management information system (MIS) with detailed analysis and insights on the accounts/reports prepared by Shared Service Centre as well as those received from overseas subsidiaries.
- Driving business performance through business analysis and review across different businesses and with different legal entities spread across the globe. Business review / Controllership role includes review of initiatives on Working Capital and Fixed Capital Productivity, Direct and Fixed Costs Reduction / Optimization, independent assessment of Year-end projections, etc.
- Actively participate in the preparation of the annual budgets, comparison of actual performance against the budget, identifying and analyzing variance, devise and monitor implementation of necessary actions.
- Handle Corporate reporting and annual statutory audit for the Business Unit.
- Playing a key role of Risk Manager for the Business Unit ensuring that there are effective controls in place.
- Partnering with business on any new M&A activity, developing accounting & financial policies, putting in place necessary systems and controls, etc.
- Work on improving existing processes and systems, strengthening controls and improve efficiencies through automation.
- Participate and work on organization wide Functional initiatives in areas such as capital productivity, cost optimization and management accounting policies.
- Legal, Regulatory & Statutory Compliance ensuring compliance with statutory and audit requirements including transfer pricing regulations, sanctions control, etc.
Financial Insights – Demonstrates in-depth knowledge on financial/ management accounting principles to be able to accurately reflect the business performance. Develops business appropriate financial insights to be able to provide timely and accurate financial advise in response to business priorities and stakeholder expectations.
- Financial & Management Accounting
- Financial Impact on Strategy Execution
- Business/ Country Economics & Regulations
Risk Management, Compliance & Assurance – Demonstrates ability to evaluate business risks and its impact on overall business delivery, developing and/or modifying control processes as required. Also, ensures compliance to legal and statutory requirements applicable to the business.
- Risk management
- Internal Control
Reporting & Process Efficiencies – Demonstrates conceptual ability to ideate and implement robust systems and processes suited to business/ country. Also displays accuracy and efficiency in MIS reporting, budgeting and EOY forecasting through proper business understanding.
- Budgeting/ EOY Forecasting
- Financial & Management Reporting
- Systems & Process Efficiencies
Business Partnering: Displays a combination of commercial, financial and analytical mindset that provides support to overall business success.
- Good business understanding and commercial acumen
- Stakeholder management
- Team Player
- Chartered accountant, ACCA or CPA with minimum experience of 15 years preferably in Agri commodity organization
- Managed full set of management accounts and good functional skills on accounting and analytics.
- Worked in a multi-cultural and multi geography organization (exposure in a Matrix Structure is preferred).
- Strong on Financial Concepts and Analysis
- Commercial Acumen to support businesses in their growth plans
- Results orientation - Ownership to deliver; Execution efficiency; Tenacity & perseverance
- Stakeholder Management - Meeting and managing expectations
- Thought leadership/Strong analytical ability
- Assertiveness – Being able to advocate one’s point of view in an open, honest and direct way
- Keen interest to learn and grow
- Team player with good written/oral communication
- Confident personality
- Consistency in previous jobs (not a job hopper)
- Self-motivated with an ability to get things done, without reporting lines.
- Having worked in an SAP Environment would be a good advantage.
- Exposure to derivatives accounting and future trades commodities would be an added advantage.