Regional Financial Controller – Merchant Services
Euronet Worldwide (www.euronetworldwide.com, NASDAQ: EEFT), is a leading global financial technology solutions and payments provider with the mission:
“To make access to payments convenient and affordable for global consumers”.
We seek to employ a business oriented Finance Executive for the position of Regional Financial Controller of our Merchant Services & Tax Free business line across Europe, who will join our Shared Services Center in Budapest.
The key mission will be to ensure the financial stability and hands on financial management of our growing Merchant Services division in alignment with short- and long-term business targets as Business Partner; assure the integrity of financial reporting through control function; balance the investment needs and demands of multiple stakeholder groups; build a strong pipeline of finance talent; oversee the overall expansion of financial activities.
- Proactively drive business performance through business partnership.
- Provide sound financial guidance to the General Manager and other Heads of function to aid effective decision making having a bottom line perspective.
- Contribute to the vision and strategy for Merchant Services division, and execution of plans to achieve strategy.
- Coordinate monthly closing procedures in Merchant Services division.
- Analyze BS, P&L, CF, KPIs.
- Oversee and hold accountability for statutory financial statement preparation and submission.
- Manage reconciliations (Intercompany, Settlements).
- Promote accounting excellence and improve data quality.
- Facilitate continuous improvement in controls and compliance including internal and external regulatory requirements.
- Provide accurate financial risk assessments to guide sound business decisions.
- Support in defining the Merchant Services Strategy 3Y Plan.
- Prepare and submit 18 Month Rolling Forecast.
- Analyze results and oversee monthly reporting to adjust, realign plans and forecast.
- Lead Monthly Forecast Reviews calls.
- Prepare monthly and ad hoc reports to the Merchant Services Director in order to improve control and help decision making.
- Manage cash flow and prepare cash flow forecast.
Process Development & Establishment
- Implement new procedures for improvement in line with geographical expansion strategy.
- Standardize and simplify processes.
- Implement new systems.
- Evaluate staffing status of local country finance teams, assuring the required skill set is available in good quality.
- Attract, engage and develop talent; assess and ensure the right talent are in the right roles.
- Minimum 8 years’ Finance experience within multinational and fast growing firms, preferably in financial services, retail or telecom sectors.
- Advanced financial and legal knowledge.
- US GAAP knowledge.
- Proven experience establishing and monitoring budgets and forecasts.
- Strategic thinking combined with “roll-up-the-sleeves” attitude.
- Experience in building up finance functions and procedures and managing changes (including system implementations).
- Fluency in English, oral and written.
- Flexibility and reliability.
- Excellent interpersonal and influential skills.
- Results-oriented personality with excellent team working skills.
- Strong organizing, planning and controlling ability.
- Pro-active thinking, ability to prioritize and work independently.