Deals, Business Restructuring Services - Senior Manager - Dubai
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Job Description & SummaryPwC ME is a leading professional services firm and we pride ourselves on our vision, values and the ability to provide an exceptional service to a vast network of clients. We are a firm full of energy, challenge, innovation and opportunities. Our people connect their thinking, experience and solutions to enhance value for our clients. Business Restructuring Services (BRS) at PwC Middle East operates within our Advisory (Deals) practice. The BRS team is involved in delivering a range of services to businesses that are stressed or distressed, from debt restructuring/rescheduling advice through to formal insolvency engagements. The BRS team also advises lenders in connection with stressed/distressed borrowers.
As a Senior Manager you need to consistently do the following:
- Lead multiple client development efforts, design and sell engagements, as well as manage client relations in an advisory environment, managing multi- disciplinary teams
- Building solid and collaborative relationships with team members, foster a productive teamwork environment, lead teams to generate a vision, leverage diverse views, and help develop and grow team members throughout the course of every engagement.
- Analysing financial underperformance, including financial statements, management accounts, financial modelling, and construction of integrated financial models
- Managing projects (often simultaneously) providing BRS services covering debt and corporate restructuring, Independent Business Reviews, capital structure modelling, contingency planning and options reviews.
- Ability to identify risks in forecasts/business plans, and develop appropriate sensitivity/scenario analysis
- Lead small to medium size BRS engagements, reporting directly to Partner and Client
- Understanding the allowable scope of services for restructuring for audit and non-audit clients
- Demonstrating extensive leadership and knowledge of delivering the breadth and depth of services to clients in restructuring situations (e.g., financial, tax, human resources, investigations, accounting)
In your role, who do you report to:
Director or above, depending on complexity of engagements
Qualification/ Educational background:
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business, Accounting or other related major
- Should be a qualified chartered accountant (ACA/ACCA is preferred)
- You will have an outstanding academic record from a well-recognized institution
- 8-10 years of experience in field of business restructuring with a proven track record of success (past big 4 experience is preferred)
- Experience in debt restructuring/rescheduling is essential including
- Independent Business Reviews, short term liquidity reviews, options reviews, preparation of debt maps, preparation of capital structure models, contingency planning/estimated outcomes
- Demonstrate expertise and aptitude with conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses, particularly with constructing integrated financial models, analyzing financial under performance and related services
- Strong business development skills and proven track record of ability to build own professional network
- Extensive ability to maintain relationships with key executives and a network of professional organizations or affiliations
- Extensive experience as a team leader: supervising teams to create an atmosphere of trust; seeking diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation; participating in various staff recruitment and retention activities; and coaching staff including providing timely meaningful written and verbal feedback
- Ability to undertake high volume of work, often simultaneously
- Ability to plan activities and set priorities to meet deadlines and get positive results
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) – ability to demonstrate excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills is advantageous