Consulting–Financial Services, Finance – Senior Associate / Manager
Consulting – Financial Services, Finance (Systems Implementation/Accounting Process) – Senior Associate / Manager
The Finance Team works with clients to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of their internal finance and accounting systems and processes. Finance team is designed to improve the performance of clients’ finance and actuarial organizations and their businesses. We help organizations to achieve strategic alignment of their finance and actuarial organizations, help implement service and cost improvement initiatives and embed a performance management process and culture that unites the business around its core objectives.
Your key responsibilities
You will potentially be involved in a wide range of banking and capital markets or insurance projects focusing on Finance, Risk, Treasury or Actuarial effectiveness.
Typical projects could include:
- Supporting implementation of finance systems across the finance processes of accounting, reporting, calculation, control
- Support assurance and testing of implementation of finance systems
- financial statement close process reviews, including development of process improvement recommendations and implementation roadmap;
- help implementing changes in accounting standards (e.g. IFRS17), including process and technology impact assessment and help implementing roadmap;
- local regulatory reporting process reviews and / or system implementation, including detailed understanding of HKMA / SFC / IA reporting requirements, documentation of data requirements, transformation rules and reporting requirements, and change management during the system implementation
- developing a target operating model design and implementation roadmap for the finance function, including shared services design and implementation;
- definition of a target finance systems architecture, including definition of requirements for vendor selection;
- documentation of business requirements and future state process design for new general ledger or global consolidation system implementation, including documentation of requirements for vendor selection, and change management during the system implementation;
- design of performance measurement and KPI dashboards, including documentation of requirements for vendor selection, and change management during the system implementation
- design of cost allocation and profitability measurement frameworks and processes, including documentation of requirements for vendor selection (organizational, product, customer profitability, etc), and change management during the costing / profitability system implementation
- design of budgeting and planning processes, including documentation of requirements for vendor selection, and change management during the budget system implementation
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance / Accounting related discipline
- Accounting qualification or equivalent based on experience (HKICPA / CPA / ACCA / CIMA etc. certification) is strongly preferred
- At least 5 years of relevant experience; experience in engineering finance process changes and operating model will be preferred
- Good comprehensive understanding of Finance function
- Experience in working as a finance technologist or a finance professional who has experience in General Ledgers, Sub Ledger, Regulatory Reporting systems, Financial Reporting systems, Performance Management systems such as SAP, Oracle, Microsoft or turnkey built finance systems
- Able to communicate with seasoned Finance professionals of EY clients confidently
- Familiarity with contents across the Finance team’s responsibilities
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Chinese
Skills and attributes for success
- Comfortable to explore all relevant Technology, Process & Operating Model to enable the transformation of Finance
- Strong client service orientation, with a commercial flair
- Self-motivated and ambitious with ability to motivate others and lead the team effectively
- Good understanding of the financial services marketplace, as well as industry trends and issues
- Good problem solving and project management skills
- Self-starter – ability to solve problems independently and resourceful
What working at EY offers
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, strategy and transactions and consulting, the teams are using the finance products, knowledge and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.