Strategic Accounting Infrastructure & Control – Fixed Income Project Manager – Vice President
The Strategic Accounting Infrastructure and Control (SAIC) Team is responsible for the analysis and execution of financial accounting architecture changes, supporting Financial Control, Asset Class Control, and Product Control.
The SAIC Team is looking for a VP to support the multi-year build out of our in-house Securities Processing Platform – FTPS to allow processing of our North American Fixed Income activity.
- Lead the planning and execution of specific work-streams. Ensure that technology solutions are aligned with the overall program infrastructure.
- Create and maintain key project artefacts such as project plans, RAID logs and scorecards.
- Monitor the daily progress of activities, manage issues and risks, and escalate deviations from plan.
- Present project status/progress update reports to key stakeholders and senior management. Create meeting materials, keep meeting minutes and track follow-ups.
- Manage the various test phases: end-to-end testing, production parallel testing and conversion testing. Define test strategy, plan test cycles, manage test groups, ensure effective test execution.
- Partner with Financial Controllers, Asset Class Controllers and Product Controllers on the Finance operating model, the E2E workflows the strategic capabilities and the business objectives.
- Support the problem-solving and decision-making process by providing data analysis, visualizing process flows, documenting operating procedures, managing communication plans.
- Work closely with the PMO and assist with overall program governance.
- 7+ years of experience in project management, including developing project plans; managing scope, dependencies, risks and timelines; and driving project teams through delivery.
- Demonstrates personal initiative, ownership and accountability.
- Finance experience, ideally with an understanding of fixed income products and accounting
- Strong analytical capabilities and attention to detail; capable of storytelling with data, synthesizing and summarizing complex data or findings to drive decision-making.
- Digital proficiency, able to quickly learn systems and effectively use tools in an agile environment. Includes solid working knowledge of MS Excel (pivot tables) and PowerPoint.
- Strong organizational and time management skills; able to meet timelines and deliver quality results in a fast-paced and fast-changing environment.
- Outstanding interpersonal, relationship building and influencing skills; with the ability to effectively communicate and partner with key stakeholders to help advance project agenda.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.