We are looking for a talented Senior Accountant to join us in our Cape Town office for our client who is a firm of Chartered Accountants who mainly works with creative and technology businesses. Their Head Office is in London and they want to expand their team, they would like somebody with British Accountancy experience or who has a qualification such as ACCA, CIMA, AAT or a degree in Master Business Administration.
This a full-time position with the excellent ongoing opportunity of professional development and support.
The working hours will be standard UK hours 8:30am – 5:30pm or 9am-6pm (Monday – Friday)
The main purpose of the role is to oversee all bookkeeping and financial management for clients, managing the Romanian offshore team, maximising the profitability of the Romanian team – without compromising service and quality, investigating new technology that will improve both quality and efficiency and provide new client services/income streams and keeping up to date with UK HMRC guidelines for VAT and PAYE.
1. Carry out bookkeeping and accounting in accordance with Client standards.
2. Have overall responsibility for the bookkeeping and financial management carried out by the team.
3.Keep up to date with latest HMRC bulletins
4.Use the client system helpline for some technical questions.
5.Understand the team’s individual goals for the future.
6.Put together a plan to help them fulfil these goals
7.Keep them happy and ensure they wish to fulfil their goals at Client
8.Helping with Fee quotes for new clients – clear details of what is delivered (tasks and volume) for the 9.fee they are paying
10.Revising fee proposals for existing clients to see if sufficient
11.Prepare a plan at the start of each month ensuring the team are fully employed on client work
12.Plan to give the maximum time expected on a client each month – profit/loss on client signed off by MP in advance
13.During the month team make client aware of requests outside the workload that the client is paying for
14.At the end of the month monitor actual time VS plan and client fee – make recommendations to improve
15.Below for use of technology to help deliver more efficiently.
16.Investigate technology to deliver Client and fixed fee clients more efficiently
17.Use technology developments evaluated as a case study for new and existing clients
18.Suggest new revenue streams / services we can charge on to clients
19.Keep up to date with latest HMRC bulletins about VAT and PAYE and attend relevant HMRC webinars
20.Use Client Croner helpline for some technical questions where required.
21.Keep the staff Vat guide up to date to ensure all have knowledge of how to treat the clients VAT and PAYE.
- Qualification such as ACCA, CIMA, AAT or a degree in Business Administration.
- Knowledge of UK accounting practices
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Very good knowledge of cloud based accounting systems including QuickBooks, Xero, Harvest and more specific financial programs.
- Very strong English communications skills.
- Very strong management skills.
- Good technology investigation skills.
- Advanced level of Microsoft Office especially Excel
- Good knowledge of organizational programs.
- Solid knowledge in the field of specific IT applications.
- Organization capabilities
- Logical thinking, memory, analysis and synthesis capacity
- Experience in working on multiple domains simultaneously
- Fairness, tenacity, seriousness, optimism.
- Team spirit