Deloitte is a world leading professional services firm, providing accounting and auditing services, management consulting and legal and tax advice. In Belgium we are the largest professional service provider. Our offices offer services to multi-national and large organisations, public institutions and innumerable small, fast-growing companies. Thanks to a strong regional presence and our multi-disciplinary approach, we are ideally placed to meet the requirements of a wide range of public institutions and small and large companies.
Our Deloitte Services & Investments (DSI) organization is a service provider to the business units, enabling their work. Our expertise covers IT Services, Finance, Human Resources, Facilities & Procurement, Legal services, Marketing & Communications, Clients & Markets, as well as Risk services.
For our Finance department in Zaventem we are searching for a:
As a Credit Controller you will execute and conclude on multiple operational credit control matters in close cooperation with stakeholders (eg Accounts Payable, Credit Control, BU's) in order to guarantee the highest collection of receivables. Furthermore you will escalate difficult collections from clients to the credit control manager in order to decide on the necessary actions to be taken.
- Monitor outstanding client balances by methodically checking receivables and by taking appropriate action according to procedures, as well as proactively generating alternatives for further action;
- Leverage on internal contacts close to clients e.g. Project Partner, Project Manager together with your finance team to ensure that required information regarding credit files are collected, processed and analyzed in order to secure a faster payment of invoices;
- Independently deliver timely and correct client receivable reports for stakeholders that clearly articulates further actions;
- Adopt a customer oriented attitude by guiding stakeholders and offering them the most appropriate solution and excellent service;
- Support others by acting as an example within own job to them and supporting them as a true colleague (showing best practices on how to approach tasks and offer help where necessary and help them cope with difficulties);
- Stay informed about professional knowledge and technical skills in the area of credit control and finance in order to ensure your own professional knowledge is maximized and that it can be applied within the organization in the best possible manner.
- You have a Bachelor degree;
- A relevant working experience of at least 2 years in a similar function;
- You have fluent communication skills in Dutch, French and English, both written and spoken;
- You have a good command of MS office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and knowledge of SAP is an asset;
- Furthermore, you are able to integrate information into tangible solutions, solve problems quickly and efficiently as well as provide support to others;
- Your reliability, flexibility, co-operation and respect for others make sure you can build good relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- A challenging job with a lot of contacts and room for initiatives;
- An atmosphere stimulating personal development and growth;
- Competitive salary in accordance with education, experience and skills;
- Attractive extralegal advantages.