Assistant Manager – Risk Assurance
Responsible for preparation of project proposals, planning and execution of internal audits and risk assurance engagements, corresponding with clients and keeping abreast with current legislations.
Duties and responsibilities
- Proposal preparation: Assist to prepare proposals to bid for new projects.
- Job planning: Research on client background and risks, planning staff resource and propose tailored audit work program and audit time schedules, coordinate with client on kick off meeting with client and other necessary planning activities.
- Job execution: Perform review and testing of complex / non-routine audit areas, complete work programs including conducting interviews with Senior Management, schedule closing meeting with client and prepare/review closing meeting slides.
- Coaching: Provide guidance to junior team member(s) and review the work of junior team member(s).
- Reporting: Prepare and review draft and final reports after the necessary internal reviews, wrap up audit work programs and work files, and assist in any other wrap up activities.
- Learn and grow: Develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel. Build strong internal relationships within Ardent and with other services across the organization.
- Recognized degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, or related fields.
- At least 5 years’ experience in internal auditing or relevant experience in a public accounting firm or commercial environment.
- Industry related certification (e.g., CA/CPA, CIA, CISA, CRMA, CGAP)
- Demonstrates integrity, values, principles, and work ethic.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English.
Key Result Areas
- Responsible for timely submission of all documents to the relevant parties by the due date.
- Responsible for accuracy of information and execution.
- Independence in executing task.
- Strongly encourage and lead team members to practice cost consciousness on engagements.
- Assist department to exceed revenue target as agreed in the Budget meeting.
- Lead by example and encourage team members to exceed client expectations on service delivery, demonstrated by positive client feedback / testimonials.
- Deliver and initiate Value-Added Services on client engagements (eg. Positive Control Practices, Opportunities for Improvement, Business Insights).
- Assist to increase Risk Assurance Portfolio with more new client engagements.
- Deliver and maintain Service Quality at all times by adhering to Risk Assurance Service Guidelines.
- Ensure quality of deliverables (i.e. Working Papers, Reports and Presentation to Clients).
- Ensure optimal resource allocation to project teams.
- Maintain a strong team with good morale and team spirit.
- Lead and assist to foster an environment of open communication, coaching and sharing through regular learning days.
- Recommend technical training and personal development programmes for team.