Senior Finance Business Partner - Supply Chain
A fully qualified accountant who is looking to make the next step in their career.
This is an opportunity to make a real impact in a business that is undergoing significant transformational change. You will work with a number of different departments, whilst developing new systems and delivering significant operational changes.
My client are an instantaneously recognisable brand with operations across the UK and internationally. This role will be a mix of home working and travelling across sites in the North.
What you'll be doing on a day-to-day:
- Managing a small team working on the Supply Chain operations in the UK (covering a number of sites)
- Preparing sections of the Management Accounts and supporting reconciliations whilst working closely with the central finance function
- Building strong relationships and working closely with many non-finance stakeholders across the Operational Leadership Team including production, warehousing, planning & logistics to monitor cost, identify opportunities and add value.
- Improving the quality and understanding of financial reporting by gathering accurate data across a number of legacy systems and presenting this information in the most useful way for each group of stakeholders
- Create and continually improve a suite of daily/weekly/monthly KPIs that drive improved business performance
- Lead an annual budgeting process for a £300m supply chain, then investigating and reporting on variances from actual to budget
- Reviewing business cases for projects, investments and sourcing decision making and challenging with financial insight and analysis
- Be an integral part of project teams delivering business change, acting as the financial expert and working with the business leadership ensuring that all activity is delivering the identified financial benefits.
- Helping transform a business that has grown through acquisition from vertically integrated units into a single supply chain, and help the business in its transition to a new ERP system in the medium term.
- This is a fantastic opportunity to make a real impact working with colleagues across a number of functions, the right candidate will be ambitious and energetic with strong and varied systems knowledge but will also understand how to work as part of a team.
The experience and skills that will help you hit the ground running are:
- CIMA/ ACCA/ ACA Qualified
- Ideally a minimum of 4 years post qualified experience
- Management accounting experience covering aspects such as weekly KPI & monthly financial reporting, standard costing, budgeting, variance analysis and investment evaluation, ideally within a manufacturing or supply chain environment
- Knowledge of a varied range of systems, in particular SAP, however also experience of working with and extracting/consolidating data from a number of legacy systems as the business builds towards an ERP solution
- Being a self starter who is able to work independently, and demonstrates a 'can do' attitude with examples of proactively seeking out and implementing change
- Great communication skills and the ability to engage and support colleagues from a range of departments across the supply chain, while continually seeking to improve both personally and as part of a wider team
- Having experience of managing and developing other colleagues and creating first class output
- Advanced analytical and data interpretation skills in Excel
- Fixed asset monitoring and reporting along with capital expenditure reporting and forecasting
You will be successful by demonstrating our key behaviours. We want you to show:
- Pro-active leadership - by executing strategy, using sound judgement and driving improvements and innovation
- Performance leadership - by delivering results, fostering collaboration and focusing on customers
- People leadership - by communicating effectively, creating engagement and developing our people
- Personal leadership - by showing resilience, creating trust in others and learning and developing yourself
Competitive salary and benefits on offer.