Head of Group Reporting
The Head of Group Reporting provides first class financial reporting and analysis to support the needs of a significant business in a complex and fast changing market. This role will also encompass management of treasury matters as well as providing support to the Group Finance Director.
Our client is a recognised healthcare provider
- The role includes responsibility for the delivery of all external financial reporting, treasury management and maintenance of financial policies and controls
- A key part of the role is to identify changes and improvements to reporting processes and requirements and leading the team to deliver on these - this may be driven by changes in IFRS, changes in shareholder reporting requirements or changes in accounting systems.
- Regular external reporting deliverables include:
- Monthly management accounts (IFRS and US GAAP)
- Monthly shareholder reporting (US GAAP listed shareholder)
- Reporting to lenders (monthly reporting and quarterly covenants)
- Quarterly forecasting to shareholders
- Annual statutory financial statements for the group and subsidiaries
- Liaison with external auditors to ensure timely completion of annual audit process
- Preparation of accounting papers for the Audit Committee
- Annual delivery of the budget
To ensure success in the role, the successful candidate will have strong financial and technical acumen, combined with a commercial instinct. The successful candidate will need to be meticulous, and attention to detail is imperative. Experience of US reporting is preferred and experience of leading a group consolidation and reporting function in a healthcare or other multi-site environment would be an advantage.
Personality fit is key; we are looking for a self-starter who takes initiative, is motivated and is well organised.
- ACA or equivalent qualification
- Significant post-qualified experience
- Direct experience working in a similar Head of Group Reporting (or Group FC role in a smaller business)
- Strong technical accounting knowledge and expertise (IRFS, FRS101 and US GAAP
- Strong Complex group consolidation experience
- Excellent excel skills, knowledge of macros preferable
- Competitive pay and benefits package
- Ongoing learning, development and progression opportunities
- Head of Group Reporting; Healthcare (Medical and Nursing); Office based in London