Business Partner Manager Strategy Projects
CFS (Colonial First State) Finance supports the Senior Leadership Team of the CFS business under the Deputy CEO Office to manage and grow its superannuation and platform businesses.
See yourself in our team
Due to a maternity cover contract becoming available we have an opportunity for a 12-14 month fixed term period with the opportunity to transfer into the new business in July 2021. The role will have emphasis on the areas including but not limited to Internal reporting – month/year end reporting, board reporting and Finance Strategy.
Do work that matters
CFS’s purpose is helping our members achieve their individual retirement goals. Your Business Partnering team supports CFS in achieving its purpose!
- Prepare and deliver internal reporting, including Board reporting for management reports, etc.
- Build strong relationships and collaborate across teams to understand performance, risks and opportunities, and provide insights
- Work across the Business Partner team to understand performance, risks and opportunities across the business, and the status and benefits of strategic initiatives
- Partner with other decision support functions to develop a holistic view of performance, risks and opportunities (e.g. Risk, HR Services, Strategy & Transformation, Legal)
- Partner with Leadership team to provide consolidated Group level insights and develop initiatives and actions to address risks and opportunities and deliver the strategy
- Partner with the Strategy & Transformation team, Leadership and other decision support functions to support the strategic planning process
We’re interested in hearing from people who have:
- Degree qualification in finance, accounting or related subjects
- Post graduate accounting qualification (CA, CPA or equivalent)
- 5+ years’ experience, including 3+ years’ experience working with financial services (superannuation, funds management or general wealth management experience preferred)
- 'Big Four' experience preferred
- Demonstrated experience partnering with senior business stakeholders
- Ability to put a concise commercial lens onto complex issues
- Proven ability to drive results in a diverse organization (i.e. global, complex, start-up)
- Sound interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated individual who displays a “can-do” pro-active style and desire to provide excellent service to customers
CBA has entered into an agreement with KKR to sell a 55% interest in its CFS superannuation and investments business for total cash consideration of $1.7billion (implying a total valuation of $3.3billion). CBA will retain a 45% shareholding in CFS.
KKR is a leading global investment firm that manages multiple alternative asset classes, including private equity, energy, infrastructure, real estate and credit, with strategic partners that manage hedge funds. KKR aims to generate attractive investment returns for its fund investors by following a patient and disciplined investment approach, employing world-class people, and driving growth and value creation with KKR portfolio companies.
The sale is expected to complete in the first half of 2021. As this is a role to work in the CFS business, the successful candidate will initially be employed by the CBA Group but on sale completion, their employment will transfer to a new entity that will employ the CFS business employees from completion.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 01/04/2021
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.