Executive Manager, x15ventures Finance & Decision Support for CBA Support Units
Let’s start by introducing ourselves
Hi, we’re x15ventures. We’re like nothing you’ve ever seen before. Here to shake up the financial services landscape by delivering customers new products and services that they truly need.
And what sets us apart? We’re combining the best of enterprise and start up. Leveraging CommBank’s strength, security standards, customer base and brand to deliver ground breaking stand-alone digital businesses. We know that’s vague. But it’s because we have to be – the stuff we’re working on is ground-breaking. By 2024 we’ll have launched 25+ businesses. That’s no mean feat. And to give you a sense of what kind of impact you could have here, check out one of our latest ventures, Vonto.
The x15 Finance team is part of the Group Support Services Finance team (GSSF) of CBA, which is part of the Group Finance team and reports through to the Group CFO. x15 Finance support the x15 business who serve a portfolio of different innovation ventures and their respective customer groups. The Finance team is responsible for end-end financial management of the x15 business.
Where do you fit in?
We’re looking for an Executive Manager to lead the following:
- End-to-end financial management of the x15 ventures business including due diligence & valuation of new ventures, capital management, designing & building finance infrastructure & processes, planning & forecasting activities and being a trusted business partner to senior stakeholders across the Group.
- Lead the Group Support Services Finance decision support function. The Decision support function manages financial impacts of all investment & projects as well as delivering automation and productivity initiatives across the broader GSSF team
- Your role will be to develop new high quality due diligence processes & reporting solutions, including automation and driving productivity initiatives.
- End-to-end financial management of Group Strategy team including being a lead business partner to senior stakeholders across the Group Strategy team.
The key responsibilities include:
- Investment evaluation: Strategic evaluation, due diligence and valuation of new venture initiatives & investment requests, including senior stakeholder engagement and constructive challenge & advice.
- Financial management & control: Lead a team delivering on all financial aspects including forecasting, financial reporting & control, capital management, governance and reporting to Executive Leadership Team and / or Board.
- Business partnering: Business partnering and role of trusted advisor to the x15 management team, Group Finance, Group Strategy & M&A and other senior stakeholders across the Group.
- Building finance capabilities & process improvement: Build end-to-end finance capabilities for new ventures. Lead automation and business improvement activities for CBA Support unit finance teams, including new self-service reporting via Tableau and other automation activities.
- Conduct analysis and provide insights on common expense areas across Support Units e.g. IT costs
- Leadership: Lead a team of direct & indirect reports, acting as a role model and building a strong performance culture.
The real question: what’s in it for you?
There’s nothing worse than a job where it’s Groundhog Day. Where you don’t feel challenged, or pushed to be your best. Where you’re stuck in a role where there’s no growth. Working on things you don’t really care about.
Well not here. Here, we promise challenge in spades. Intellectual stretch. Growth, learning and development – every day. Working on things you’re truly passionate about. Working side by side with leadership, exposed big decision making, brought in to help solve challenges. Collaboration. The opportunity is limitless.
But there will be uncertainty. And that will lead to some high pressure situations, where you, your work and your actions are highly visible. And that’s exciting, right? We hope you think so.
Are you a perfect match? We are interested in hearing with people who have:
- CA / CPA Qualified
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and senior stakeholder management
- Enjoy solving complex business problems and comfortable managing ambiguous situations
- Excellent customer & continuous improvement focus
- Due diligence or investment evaluation experience (preferred but not essential)
- Experience with building finance capabilities across venture capital or early stage businesses (preferred but not essential)
- Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.Advertising End Date: 25/03/2021For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.