Middle Office Operations Manager, Assistant Vice President
Who we are looking for
The experienced team manager in Fund Operations Department who is responsible to supervise the transactional services teams. The role specifically requires to manage the accuracy in trade instructions and recording in a timely manner with communicating with other departments.
The role is based in Fukuoka, Japan.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Transactional Services Manager in Operations you will
- Audit deliverables, plan and manage resources for completing deliverables in accurate and timely manner
- Ensure full understanding of new business transition/migration and ensure proper implementation within the team
- Demonstrate satisfactory resolution of issues and ensure to escalate operational risks determined to Dept. Head in a timely manner to achieve risk excellence
- Support FLM to constantly review and optimize our operation, as well as drive the implementation of operational efficiencies and re-engineering initiatives. Co-work with other department/divisions and/or regional teams to gain efficiencies
- Be accountable for staff performance tracking, new staff on-boarding, overtime control, leave planning, as well as assist manager for individual development planning according to GS Role Charter
- Work in conjunction with others and build professional working relations with internal & external clients; foster this culture within the team
- Enforce adherence to the corporate compliance and risk management policies; support manager to implement BCP strategies, and risk control within the team
- Act and dress professionally, instill a professional attitude at all times in the team
- Manage several teams and staffs/FLMs as 2nd line manager
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Excellent communication skills both in Japanese and English
- Detail oriented
- In-depth Financial and Security Operations knowledge
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Good interpersonal skill and strong team spirit, effective communication and negotiation skills
- Self-motivated, creative and efficient in finding solutions to complex, time-critical problems and strong analytical ability
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor degree or above and minimum 10 years’ experience in financial services, fund accounting and/or a back-office operations
- Proven track record of innovation, creative solutions, and ability to design and drive change
- Preferred experience in Japan business services
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.