Business Analyst, Officer
Who we are looking for
The Business Analyst who will join the Middle Office Services team. In this role, you will be responsible for providing analysis, leadership, end to end project management and oversight of the various Client-facing Business Architecture sub-streams, initiatives and deliverables. Key initiatives include: Client Driven Front to Back Platform transformation, IBOR Data Quality Improvements, Target Operating Model re-engineering and Continuous Process Improvement.
You will work closely with clients on problem solving and solutioning – across the full Front to Back Value chain.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As a Business Analyst you will:
- Provide analysis, leadership, management and drive the execution of sub-work stream initiatives within the overall Business Architecture workstream – on and internal and client facing basis.
- Drive execution through stringent project management and close attention to detail of sub-streams in the overall Business Architecture workstream.
- Analyze and solution impediments with stakeholders, drive project progress, escalate risks, issues and solutions. Implement project changes and interventions to achieve program goals.
- Provide feedback to client and internal team regarding progress.
- Manage preparation for sub-stream governance meetings including project plan consolidation and materials preparations.
- Perform client and internal communications using multiple communication channels.
- Perform oversight of sub-streams to enable achievement of integration project goals and synergies.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Proven leadership and program management skills.
- Proven strong communication, interpersonal, decision-making and negotiation skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively with executive management.
- Ability to influence and work collaboratively across multiple organizations to reach common goals.
- Organized with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Team player and collaborator.
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Minimum Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 3-5 years financial services experience including analysis, project/program management experience.
- Good, end to end knowledge of Front, Middle and Back Office platforms and processes, including the client value stream.
- Demonstrated strong project management skills, analytical/problem solving skills, business/industry knowledge, communication versatility, information technology acumen, teamwork and leadership, written and verbal skills.
- Knowledge of process mapping is crucial.
- Project management and reporting automation skills
- PMP Certification and/or consulting experience a plus.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office and able to use advanced features of PowerPoint and Excel, Sharepoint.
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.