GCM - Equity Solutions - Associate
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Global Capital Markets (GCM) responds with market judgment and ingenuity to meet clients' needs for capital. Whether executing an IPO, a debt offering or a leveraged buyout, GCM integrates Morgan Stanley's expertise in Sales & Trading and in Investment Banking, offering clients seamless advice and sophisticated solutions. We originate, structure and execute public and private placement of equities, investment-grade and non-investment-grade debt and related products.
We are currently hiring for an Associate to work in the Equity Capital Markets – Equity Solutions Group (ESG) team within Global Capital Markets (GCM) in London. The ESG team advises clients on a broad range of areas including stake-building, margin loan financing, hedging, yield enhancement, stake/disposal/monetisation and equity-linked transaction (convertible and exchangeable bonds) across all industry sectors in Europe. The ESG team is a market leader advising clients and structuring complex equity financing solutions on landmark transactions across Europe.
- Structuring and executing a broad range of transactions across a diverse range of product areas (e.g. stake building, risk-management, financing, monetisation)
- Providing client-facing input on origination and execution
- Work closely with senior colleagues to prepare pitchbook presentations and other marketing materials
- Financial modelling and pricing of equity derivatives and convertible securities
- Developing and maintaining business relationships with professionals from across the banks as well as corporate clients and other external parties
- Day to day project management role in transaction processes including advising on a broad range of financial matters to companies’ transaction teams
- Top class Masters’ degree or equivalent from a leading university in a financial discipline
- Substantial and demonstrable work experience in corporate equity derivatives, strategic equity solutions or a similar role.
- Strong technical background and transaction experience in structured equity finance
- Existing knowledge of market participants and ability to develop client relationships across regions
- Knowledge of Black-Scholes option pricing model
- Motivated and hardworking. Experience and willingness to drive innovation
- Strong organisational and project management skills
- You are a strong team player able to work effectively in a team environment
- You have strong analytical and numerical skills that put you at ease with financial data
- You are committed to excellence in your work and maintain high professional and ethical standards.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.