Lead Advisory (Telecoms, Media and Technology) – Strategy and Transactions - Senior Manager - Dublin
We provide the following core corporate finance services: M&A, management buy-outs/ buy-ins, capital raising, and strategic, commercial and financial restructuring advice. We have sector specialisms and a Capital & Debt Advisory Team which supports all our sectors. Our deep understanding of the changing capital agenda has delivered outstanding results and recognition. This success stems from the calibre of our people, whose breadth of technical expertise and industry sector knowledge is exceptional. We’re looking for an Assistant Director to join our Irish Lead Advisory team – TMT (Telecoms, Media and Technology) and / or lifesciences experience welcomed.
About SaT (Strategy and Transactions)
By helping organizations of all sizes evaluate and navigate transactions, maximizing opportunities and minimizing risks, you will help your clients manage and execute high-profile transactions. You’ll bring your analytical skills and real-world experience to diverse situations and unique problems. By appreciating your clients’ overall objectives and understanding how transactions can influence an organization’s success, you’ll assess and navigate risks, and balance them against potential rewards.
- Model the financial implications of transactions.
- Creative in the sourcing and use of information and able to make sensible assumptions where appropriate.
- Absorb new technical information quickly, and quickly develop a deep understanding of the strategic rationale for transactions.
- Working with clients to take proposals to market, identifying target funders or partners and presenting opportunities in the most effective way, negotiating and structuring transactions with other professionals to a successful completion.
- Review and prepare complex reports and presentations to clients.
- Have great knowledge of market and keen for business development
- Manage sell side mandates through optimal positioning of the assets or business, identifying target bidders, preparing Information Memoranda and negotiating commercial terms.
- Manage buy side mandates, identifying targets and working with clients to structure and negotiate successful transactions
- Self awareness to seek feedback on performance and drive own development.
- Demonstrate strong numerical and financial skills and an understanding of financial statements.
- Prior experience and good knowledge of the Telecoms, Media and Technology sector and / or life sciences sector, themes and major players is advantageous.
Who we are
About EY and our Vision
EY is a global professional services organisation providing advisory, assurance, tax and transaction services. We are committed to doing our part in building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. And we are united by our shared values and a dedication to delivering exceptional client service.
We have ambitious goals for 2020. Globally, we want to be #1 or #2 in professional services and be the best brand. To achieve this, our teams need to perform at the highest level, and have a relentless focus on delivering the excellent client service that will help us to continue to grow and become the market leader. In this context, your career will develop and grow.
We make sure our people succeed. The networks you build and the experiences you have with us will help define and accelerate the rest of your career. Last year in the UK and Ireland, nearly 2,000 of our people were promoted or progressed within their grade, and we are significantly increasing the number of partners. So when you build something better at EY, we make sure you’re rewarded.
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.