Head, Finance Process Excellence and Monitoring
Get to know our Team
The Risk Management and SOX team is responsible for:
- Ensuring the Group’s risk management, compliance with SOX regulations, and internal control good practices
- Ensure effective and efficient financial policies, processes and controls in place
- Safeguarding of company assets through mitigating financial risks & exposures
- Continuous improvements on financial operation through implementing innovative solutions
We make an impact by working with multiple business stakeholders to understand and improve internal controls. Our team is made up of intellectually curious professionals who are keen to apply their knowledge and experience in a dynamic setting. If you are looking for the opportunity to shape the control environment at a fast-paced and dynamic technology firm, then you should join our team!
Get to know the Role
We are looking for a Head of Finance Process of Excellence and Monitoring to lead the team. We believe a successful candidate has ample audit and risk advisory experience in the Technology industry with a solid track record on process improvements / transformations / implementation.
The day-to-day activities:
- Support the Regional Head of Risk management and SOX.
- Lead the Finance Process of Excellence and Monitoring team, to act as Global process owners.
- Standardise the Finance process & SoPs and orchestrate rollout to rest of Finance
- Own and run global controls as the first line of defence.
- As part of the Finance transformation team as UAT and partner with Grab Technology Services (GTS) on new automated solutions
- Collaborate with the Internal Control and SOX team to ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
The must haves:
- Bachelor's degree in accountancy, finance or equivalent
- Professional certification (e.g., CPA, ACCA, CIA)
- 10+ years of audit and risk advisory (including Sarbanes-Oxley) experience, in the Technology industry,
- Excellent command of English
- Proficiency in productivity tools (Google suite, email, calendar, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong analytical skills, good communication and presentation skills, good business acumen
- Ability to think on your feet and work independently in a start-up environment.
Experience and knowledge in the following:
- Leadership skills, with strong confidence for interaction with senior stakeholders.
- Ability to empathise and collaborate with stakeholders across functions and at all levels of experience
- Knowledgeable with current industry standards such as COSO, and has strong relationships with private sector counterparts.
- Risk advisory skills (internal controls over financial reporting)
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing teams.
- Qualification in Accounting, Internal Auditing.
- Sound knowledge of risk management and audit principles and an understanding of audit philosophy, methods and techniques.
- Significant and diverse professional / internal audit experience, including International exposure (US & APAC)
- Strong communication, influencing skills and reporting writing skills.
- Strong business acumen and commercial awareness.
- Ability to provide direction to the team and the organization to ensure successful implementation of ICOFR policies and procedures
- Identify issues, determine root cause and recommend accurate and actionable solutions to improve controls and manage risk to the company’s risk appetite.
- Possess sound judgement with critical thinking skills and demonstrated in applying effective problem-solving techniques, thinking ahead to manage issues effectively.
- Creativity and comfortable with ‘blank sheet of paper’ assignments
- A natural leader who displays integrity, humility and responsibility, with excellent interpersonal skills
- A self-starter and independent learner who takes the initiative to challenge the status quo.
- A big-picture thinker who is detail-oriented
- Structured thought process with strong analytical ability
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.