Senior Consultant - FSI Risk Advisory
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte, we offer a unique and exceptional career experience to inspire and empower talents like you to make an impact that matters for our clients, people and community. Whatever your aspirations, Deloitte offers you a highly inclusive, collaborative workplace and unrivalled opportunities to realize your full potential. We are always looking for people with the relentless energy to push themselves further, and to find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals.
So what are you waiting for? Join the winning team now.
Work you'll do
Perform tasks / assignments/ working plan in the scope of work as a Risk Advisory Senior Consultant under the supervision of the Manager in charge of each Engagement to provide risk services to clients to achieve required service delivery quality.
An important role will involve the talent development of staff in the RA practice to meet on-going business requirements.
In addition, this role participates in project teams to support development and effective rollout of projects/programs related to the RA function.
Delivery Service Standards
Work individually or with teams to deliver risk services which includes:
- Implement Risk management projects for banking clients, specialised in credit risk (risk modelling), market risk, liquidity risk, IRRBB, capital calculation, stress testing and/or capital adequacy assessment.
- Prepare reports under Partner/Managers guidance
- Manage and instruct junior staff to perform assigned tasks in the workstream
- Perform other task assignments when required
- Involve, take ownership and responsibility for projects for delivery as per firm's quality standard and expected client satisfaction. Report and work closely with the Manager/ Partner for the purpose of engagement risk management and quality control.
- Build and nurture positive working relationships with clients with the intention of exceeding client expectations
- Support the Manager/Partner to develop and maintain a team of competent staff, capable of delivering value through teamwork.
- Participate in and actively support mentoring/coaching and talent development within the RA practice for succession. Conduct continuous on the job training for staff according to project and provide constant feedback and support
Branding and Relationship Building
- Contribute to RA branding eminence through conducting public talks/external seminars/ client presentations
- Actively support the Managers/Partners in proposals, bidding, identify, cultivate, and develop new market opportunities.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of empowering our people to be leaders at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose and shared values, challenging themselves everyday to identify issues that are most important to our clients, our people and the communities, and to make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Senior Consultants across our Firm are expected to:
- Understand objectives for stakeholders, clients and Deloitte whilst aligning own performance to objectives and sets personal priorities.
- Develop themselves by actively seeking opportunities for growth, shares knowledge and experiences with others, and acts as a strong brand ambassador.
- Seek opportunities to challenge themselves, collaborate with others to deliver and takes accountability for results.
- Build relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and stakeholders.
- Work effectively in diverse teams within a highly inclusive team culture where everyone is supported, respected and recognized for their contribution.
- Degree in Banking and Finance; Finance Mathematics, Statistics, Risk Management, Econometrics or equivalents
- A minimum 2+ years of experience in Banking and Financial services industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Thorough understanding of banks internal processes and policies; and regulations and practices in banking sector (SBVs regulation & Basels requirements)
- Skills and experience in preparing
- Relevant professional qualifications such as FRM, CFA qualification is more preferable.
- Familiarity with statistics tools such as SAS, R-programming, S+, Matlab and database management tools such as SQL is a plus.
- Logical thinking, ability to work independently and good analysis, writing and presentation skills.
- Willingness to travel across Vietnam
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to research new knowledge and technology
- Team-work spirit and professional working behavior
- Fluent oral and written English communication
- Ability to work effectively with local and regional RA team to complete multiple projects with changing priorities and meet deadlines; and ability to work in a local and international team environment.
- Display high levels of energy, drive together with high standard professional ethics
Due to volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.