Staff - Transaction Diligence - Strategy & Transaction Services
We help corporate and financial clients to meet their strategic goals, whether they are acquiring, divesting or raising finance. Although our work is fast-paced, high profile and high pressure and often operates within demanding deadlines, you will find it to be extremely rewarding.
Our core work is due diligence, assessing a target company’s finances and business projections, identifying opportunities, risks, sensitivities and potential mitigations, and reporting on these to our clients, their banks, investors and other parties.
You will be working in teams with experienced due diligence professionals, where you will learn and develop the skills you need to perform due diligence in a range of situations and sectors. When working on projects you will almost always be working as part of a wider cross service line team.
As you progress your career with EY, you will have the opportunity to work on more complex transactions, increasingly lead teams, begin to build relationships with our clients and other members of the corporate finance community and take on broader roles within our business.
Your key responsibilities
- As a Consultant within the Transaction Diligence team, you'll participate in due diligence engagements related to transactions involving private equity investor groups and strategic corporate buyers.
- You'll analyse the financial and operational results of companies targeted for sale by reviewing accounting records and participating in interviews with management.
- You'll work effectively as a team member by demonstrating your commitment to quality, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating senior team members on progress.
Skills and attributes for success
- Prepare analyses of historical and pro forma financial information to assess trends and fluctuations that may impact cash flow requirements and deal valuation
- Perform industry and company research utilizing online tools and publicly available information
- Assist in researching technical accounting issues to evaluate implications on transaction valuation and structuring
- Assist in preparing reports and schedules that will be delivered to clients and other parties
Develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel
To qualify for the role you must have:
- University graduates with major in Business, Economics, Auditing - Accounting, Corporate Finance, etc.
- Strong analytical, presentation and report writing skills
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
- Traveling within the PRC is required
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Acquiring professional certificates such as ACCA, CFA, etc. is an advantage.
What we look for
What’s most important is that you’re dedicated to working with your colleagues as part of a high-performing team. You’ll need to thrive in picking up new skills as you go, so natural curiosity, a lot of questions and the confidence to speak up when you see something that could be improved are essential. If you’ve got the right combination of technical knowledge and communication skills, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes social insurance and housing, additional commerce insurance, a minimum of 10 days of vacation and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.