Financial Accounting Manager
Exciting charity based in the Midlands who are adding an extra head to their existing team, responsibility for managing a team of 4 and the delivery of the group statutory accounts, treasury functions and core finance services.
My client is an established international charity based in the Midlands. Their turnover is circa £40 million as an organisation they are operating a permanent hybrid working arrangement of 1/2 days a week in the office and the rest of the time from home.
- To manage delivery of core accounting and finance service functions for the UK
- To manage the delivery of complete and accurate accounts for the UK
- To deliver annual statutory accounts
- To manage and coordinate the annual audit
- To continually improve accounting practices and processes
- To manage and oversee banking and investment arrangements
- To oversee completion of tax returns
- Responsible for managing and developing a team.
- Qualified ACCA or ACA.
- Strong technical accountancy skills and a high degree of numeracy
- Experience of working in a multi-currency financial environment.
- Good understanding of UK SORP
- Experience of managing external audits.
- Good understanding of modern financial systems structures and use
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good managerial skills: ability to prioritise, organise, manage and deliver on complex and changeable priorities; ability to motivate teams.
- High levels of resilience and tenacity: proven ability to overcome obstacles
- A commitment to organisations mission and values.
- Prior knowledge and experience within the Charity Sectors is desirable
£40,000 - £45,000 plus benefits