Senior Associate – Risk Assurance
Responsible for planning and execution of internal audits and risk assurance engagements, corresponding with the client and keeping abreast with current legislations.
Duties and responsibilities
- Job planning: Research on client background and risks, planning staff resource and propose tailored audit work program and audit time schedules, coordinate with client on kick off meeting with client and other necessary planning activities.
- Job execution: Perform testing of complex / non-routine audit areas, complete work programs including conducting interviews with Senior Management, schedule closing meeting with client and prepare closing meeting slides.
- Coaching: Provide guidance to junior team member(s) and review the work of junior team member(s).
- Reporting: Prepare draft and final reports after the necessary internal reviews, wrap up audit work programs and work files, and assist in any other wrap up activities.
- Learn and grow: Develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel. Build strong internal relationships within Ardent and with other services across the organization.
- Recognized degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, or related fields.
- At least 2 years’ experience in internal auditing or relevant experience in a public accounting firm or commercial environment.
- Industry related certification (e.g., CA/CPA, CIA, CISA, CRMA, CGAP)
- Demonstrated integrity, values, principles, and work ethic.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English.
Key Result Areas
- Timely submission of all documents to the relevant parties by the due date.
- Accuracy of information and execution.
- Independence in executing task.
- Encourage team members to practice cost consciousness on engagements.
- Exceed and encourage team members to exceed client expectations on service delivery, demonstrated by positive client feedback / testimonials.
- Deliver Value-Added Services on client engagements (eg. Positive Control Practices, Opportunities for Improvement, Business
- Deliver Service Quality at all times by adhering to Risk Assurance Service Guidelines.
- Ensure that adequate effort is taken to ensure quality of deliverables (i.e. Working Papers, Reports and Presentation to Clients).
- Work towards optimising resource allocation to project teams.
- Assist to maintain a strong team with good morale and team spirit.
- Assist to foster environment of open communication, coaching and sharing through regular learning days.