Accounts Payable Supervisor from Legal
** Accounts Payable Supervisor from Legal - 12 month Fixed term contract **
Candidate must be immediately available and have previous experience working with different currencies.
Candidate must have previous experience working for a law firm within accountancy.
This Accounts Payable Supervisor from Legal position is working for a business consultancy firm, based in central London.
The role will be work from home to begin with, with a phased return to the office in the Autumn.
The key responsibilities for this Accounts Payable Supervisor from Legal are:
* Take full ownership of the purchase ledger, ensuring supplier statements are reconciled, invoices are paid to terms, suppliers are accurately set up on the system, and outstanding balances are chased and cleared.
* Work to agreed weekly time frames for payment of supplier invoices and employee expense claims.
* Preparation and review of weekly payment runs.
* Accurately process supplier invoices, ensuring they are appropriately authorised, coded and posted on to the system.
* Work closely with Travel Bureau to process data in a timely manner and ensure accurate booking information is received and reconciled.
* Manage the Accounts Payable mailbox and deal with supplier queries, ensuring all queries are resolved efficiently and professionally.
* Manage and take ownership of employee expense claims, ensuring appropriate authorisation, receipts provided, correct coding for all expense claim items, and following up on employee queries.
* Support the Financial Accountants in month end reporting, posting journals and providing ad-hoc analysis as required.
* Identify process improvements within accounts payable and expense claims, and work with key members of staff (e.g. heads of department, budget holders, PAs etc.) to ensure procedures are understood and complied with.
* Key member of the project team for implementing a new Accounts Payable and Expenses system.
The successful candidate will have previous experience working for a law firm within accountancy.
* Strong accounts payable experience.
* Excellent interpersonal skills - both written and oral.
* Basic understanding of accounting principles.
* Strong attention to detail and ability to work without the need for supervision.
* Ability to work within strict deadlines with a high level of accuracy and remain calm in a busy environment.
* Experience of working with multiple currencies.
* Good knowledge of VAT.
* Basic Excel skills.
* Ability to 'run with the program'
This role based in London will offer the candidate an exciting opportunity working in a fun, fast paced environment for a 12 month fixed term contract.