Finance Manager- Client Accounting
Finance Manager- Client Accounting managing a team of 5 in Birmingham
Well established property business in Birmingham, expanding their Finance Function
Working as the Finance Manager- Client Accountant key responsibilities will consist of the following:
- To discuss and present financial information to clients and to propose and develop alternative reporting options if required.
- To ensure that delivery is within the agreed scope of works as documented within the management agreement and that any deviation to this is escalated to the Associate Director and Director.
- Review all client reporting prepared by the client accounting team before delivery to the client. Ensuring appropriate balance checks, reconciliations and adherence to reporting SLA's are met.
- To attend and participate in regular meetings with clients both on/off site.
- To deputise for other Finance Managers and Client Accountants during periods of absence.
- To attend weekly update meetings.
- To manage and close all service charge year ends in accordance with the 4-month RICS guidelines.
- To ensure handovers are completed within the required 4-month guideline, unless otherwise specified.
- To ensure that all lease accounting information is accurate and maintained.
- To ensure that all income is demanded in advance of due date.
- To manage service charge, non-recoverable and direct recoverable cash flow and to support other team members with this task.
- To deliver training when required and to ensure that relevant changes to the RICS code are communicated to the team.
- Responsible for budget monitoring of own portfolio and that of the team and report exceptions.
- Carry out quarterly reviews of the Service Charge accounts with surveyor/facilities manager on your own and team member's accounts.
- Responsibility for accurate recovery of ad-hoc/one-off lease recharges.
- Ensure timely recovery of utility charges and associated reconciliation of the utility recharge account.
- To ensure that all work within the team is carried out in accordance with the departmental procedures and that those procedures are maintained and reviewed annually by the team.
- Liaise with credit control as required to support recovery of all charges.
- Liaise with accounts payable on all issues they may have with the portfolio.
- Review of all bank account reconciliations for the portfolio and ensure that the reconciling items are dealt with correctly on a monthly basis.
- Liaise with cashiers as required on query resolution.
- Assist REM Helpdesk with all queries they need resolving in a timely manner.
- Responsibility for weekly/monthly updates to departmental control and compliance reports for the portfolio.
- Have a proactive approach to risk management.
- Management of insufficient cash positions.
- Ensure Internal KPI's are being met by the client accounting team and provide regular updates to the management team in an agreed format.
The successful candidate will have ideally worked in a similar environment/industry to have the relevant understanding of the role. Line management experience is important.
Excellent package, car allowance and benefits.