Senior Financial Analyst
Validant is seeking a senior financial analyst with a passion for creative problem solving and a desire to significantly impact a growing organization.
This is a high visibility position, working in a fast–paced environment that will leverage your excellent communication skills, financial data knowledge, analytics skills, and ability to work in a team environment. Working closely with cross–functional group, you will have the opportunity to provide meaningful insights that are directly reflected in business decisions. A successful candidate will be technically proficient, can clearly synthesize and communicate information, and brings a can–do attitude. This is a tremendous opportunity for someone who wants to accelerate their FP&A experience with a growing company.
- Conducting financial modeling on various financial results as well as measuring, analyzing, and forecasting performance in conjunction with operating plans, advising management on the allocation of resources to best accomplish objectives, and preparing reports for management.
- Provide qualitative financial analysis around key performance indicators and develop insights on business performance based on the interpretation of financial results.
- Partner with multiple groups to define business objectives (KPIs) and build dashboards that support ongoing reporting and analysis of results against those objectives
- Create, update and maintain financial models, analysis reports and dashboards
- Work cross–functionally to identify, report, and fix data quality issues using sustainable and best practice tools and processes
- Develop metrics to be displayed across the Validant organization.
- Improve the processes that are used to create forecasts and analyze historical data.
- Compiles, consolidates, and creates reports on income, expenditures, profitability, liquidity, and other financial metrics (monthly/quarterly).
- Completes adhoc projects from Finance/management.
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related field
- Minimum 7+ years related experience.
- Experienced financial analyst, ideally with an early–stage high growth company
- Experience with big data techniques and querying tools a plus
- Ability to tell stories with data: possess strong communication skills, and the ability to take complex problems and explain them simply to technical and non–technical peers
- Highest standards of accuracy
- Excellent organization, time management, and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Experience with data visualization, and dashboarding tools/libraries
- Ability to think creatively and apply analytical, design, and problem–solving capabilities to solve engineering and business problems
- A constant desire to learn and improve
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
What we offer you
You'll be a member of a phenomenal group of business professionals that have an innovative and team approach to success, based out of San Francisco, CA. We guarantee that you will have tremendous learning opportunities and will be actively encouraged to creatively contribute. Our benefits are comprehensive and include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, and generous flexible vacation and sick time allowances.
Validant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO)to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Validant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.