Audit Manager - Stores - QLD
- Opportunity to support senior management in developing, maintaining and managing the delivery of the Rolling Audit Plan
- Flexible on location - can be Brisbane or Sydney based
- Join a collaborative and fun team
About the role
The 'Audit Manager - Stores' primary objective is to support the delivery of Internal Audit (IA) objectives, which are: provide independent, objective assurance and advisory services designed to add value and improve the organisation's operations. Help the organisation accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and test the effectiveness of internal controls, risk management and governance processes.
Reporting to the Senior Audit Manager - Stores, you will be responsible for the following:
- Primary focus on completing and assisting senior management in delivering in-store audits (Supermarkets, BIG W, etc.)
- Support senior management in developing, maintaining and delivering the entire Rolling Audit Plan and Senior Business Unit management, Audit Committee and Board reporting where relevant
- Coordinate, drive and deliver simultaneous reviews in a timely, efficient and cost effective manner without compromising quality of delivery
- Exercise good commercial acumen and ensure audit recommendations are balanced, risk based solutions to identified issues
- Identify, recommend and support operational improvements of IA's own processes & tools especially in relation to the Quality Assurance Improvement Program (QAIP)
- Deliver, coach and support others to achieve a level of engagement with the business supporting the concept of Internal Audit being a trusted adviser to the business while providing independent assurance to the committee and board
- Effective management of team utilisation to ensure the department is operating efficiently
- Develop and nurture talent to drive a high performing and achieving team
- Actively contribute (through advice or otherwise) to other reviews that have a specific store operational component
- Actively contribute to the 'Stores' and Rolling Audit plan
- Bachelor degree in a Business related discipline
- A minimum of 5 years related audit experience with practical and technical understanding of store audit and risk management
- Retail operational audit experience
- Ability to link business strategy to key processes and controls and understand risk implications and store impacts
- Ability to assess the design and control effectiveness of key processes
- Effective stakeholder management and communication skills
Grow with the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences - for our customers and for each other.
We'd love to hear from You
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application. You can follow us on LinkedIn or see more opportunities via www.wowcareers.com.au . #LI #Work180