Vice President - Internal Audit
An International publicly held corporation is searching for a savvy experienced VP Internal Audit to manage its hands on Internal Audit function. This position reports to the Chief Legal Officer and Audit Committee of the Board of Trustees. The Best candidates will have a successful record managing Internal Audit functions in large, publicly–held companies.
- Develop a strategic and risk–based audit model and plans to ensure the company is moving its controls and policies to the next level.
- Ensure the audit process is fair, effective, timely, and efficient, and that the audit team acts not only as auditors, but also as consultants assisting clients as "subject matter experts" for controls.
- Oversee and develop highly effective and engaged corporate and field audit teams.
- Leverage technology and data to optimize and maximize the effectiveness of the audit process.
- Uphold direct assistance (SAS No 65) model, whereby Company's external audit firm relies on Internal Audit department for assistance.
- Partner with key stakeholders in evaluating prospective changes to controls and processes.
- Assist with SOX Section 404 compliance.
- Partner with Legal, HR on whistle–blower investigation complaints and other matters.
- 8+ years' Internal Audit experience with Large National or International corporations
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business, or related field
- CPA (active or inactive) is required, CISA, CIA, CFE are desired.
- Strong working knowledge of International Standards for Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
- Success developing and implementing effective, risk–based audit programs
- Strong culture of compliance and ethical behavior.