Internal Controls Manager - Business improvement role
To support the business in managing its risks in a pro-active and pragmatic manner by promoting an effective control environment through targeted risk assessment, risk management and internal control activities.
Our client are a leading Bristol based organisation. They have a strong local and national reputation, which will help drive your career forwards.
The key responsibilities for this Internal Controls Manager based in Bristol are:
- Strong understanding of the business, key processes and control environment to effectively support management in managing existing and emerging risks.
- Challenges the business and its teams to ensure that risks are properly assessed and effectively managed in accordance with local regulation and the Group Internal Control Framework.
- Identify risk and develops relevant mitigating activities in line with Group and local requirements.
- Builds effective relationships with senior management across the Group and acts as an interface
- Has a strong input to local management to develop or improve local policies and procedures consistent with Group requirements and local risk profile
- Designs and implements local policies, procedures and other value adding process improvements where required and ensures these are aligned with Group requirements.
- Acts as a local subject matter expert and support for a range of topics to include Business Continuity and Crisis Management planning, IT General Controls, Code of Conduct, Group Approvals Matrix and Financial Controls.
To successfully fulfil this Internal Controls Manager position. The successful candidate will be/have:
- ACA/ACCA qualification
- Big 4/top 10 Accountancy practice Audit experience
- Thorough demonstrable experience auditing UK based companies/entities.
- Pragmatic and pro-active approach.
- Strong communication and ability to present to senior leaders
Highly competitive base salary up to £50,000
Blue Chip benefits package