Tax Consultant (VAT)
TPA is one of the leading tax, accounting and audit services companies in Romania and Central and South Eastern Europe. From our offices in Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca we cover all regions of the country. TPA Romania currently has 10 partners and more than 160 full-time employees providing support to our clients in the fields of Tax Advisory, Accounting, Auditing, Advisory and Legal.
The TPA Group is an independent member of Baker Tilly Europe Alliance and is thus able to provide to its clients a worldwide network of tax advisors, auditors and consultants.
Thanks to our alliance with the Baker Tilly International network, the 12 countries of the independent TPA Group are perfectly connected at global level, and we are able to provide high-quality services in all the main business centres and regions of the world.
The Baker Tilly International network currently consists of 165 independent members in 141 countries, employing a total workforce of 28,000 in 745 offices, which puts it among the top 10 global consultancy networks.
Still an independent company, TPA is now one of Austria's biggest tax advisory and auditing firms successfully operating in Central and South Eastern Europe.
We are looking for a new colleague with:
- good command of Romanian tax legislation, particularly in VAT
- minimum 1.5-2 years of experience in the tax and economic areas
- ability to work as part of a team, acting with a sense of urgency and showing initiative on client engagements
- enthusiasm and willingness to develop a career in tax advisory and the ability to successfully collaborate with the team
- strong analytical, technical and research skills, problem-solving orientation
- readiness to take ownership over projects and ensure accuracy of client deliverables
- ability to quickly adapt to changing client and business dynamics and to effectively manage priorities
- excellent communication skills and fluency in English, to effectively interface with all levels of firm management and staff, clients and other external business contacts
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business or Finance constitutes an advantage.
Your role within the TPA Romania team will encompass:
- working extensively with Romanian tax legislation, as well as international tax law
- participating in tax projects such as tax advisory, tax reviews, due diligence, compliance
- strategizing with senior staff members and developing relationships with clients and other TPA Group and Baker Tilly International teams
- actively development of technical skills on the job and through formal training
- apply the knowledge acquired through training and on-the-job experience to answer our clients’ requests
- working as an effective team member to complete project and assigned tasks.
We are ready to welcome you in our young and professional team, to offer you:
- a friendly and supportive working environment
- excellent career development opportunities and relevant professional training
- a great mix of projects allowing for constant on-the-job training
- opportunities to attend social and networking events to develop your knowledge and contacts within TPA Group and Baker Tilly International network
- company support for ACCA exams (including paid study leave)
- flexible time schedule and work from home.
You will learn that professional achievement is not only a result of hard work and dedication, but also implies having the right partner to provide you with support and guidance along the way.