RGP is a global consulting firm helping some of the most recognized companies in the world work differently. Our success comes from a shared belief in rolling up our sleeves and doing the hard work of solving complex challenges, executing plans and implementing technology to help transform organizations.
Working as a consultant you will be connected to work that matters, putting your expertise to its best use while developing skills for the future. The result is a career defined by you, supported by RGP and built on tangible accomplishments.
As we continue to grow and deepen our impact on organizations around the world, we are looking for the right people to join us on our mission. If you are interested in being part of our team, there are a few things you should know:
- We are energized by challenges and the effort needed to solve them.
- We like working with people who are positive, adaptable and growth–minded.
- We care how work gets accomplished and are deeply invested in the success of our clients and our colleagues.
If this sounds like you, we invite you to read on and learn more.
THE RGP CONSULTING EXPERIENCE
RGP has a unique consulting model that provides opportunities for consultants to work in different ways. Most consultants work in a model where they have the flexibility and autonomy to choose projects aligning to their experience, skills and desired lifestyle. Other opportunities exist in team–based, strategy and solutions work. In all models, you will feel the full support of RGP to assist you in your work and guide you on your chosen path.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
As a Technical Accounting Consultant, you will deliver technical accounting guidance and support to clients through complex transactions and business changes. Our finance and accounting consultants combine their functional finance expertise and project management capabilities with their other broad skills and experiences in accounting, process reengineering, compliance, and systems to help clients drive business change.
ATTRIBUTES OF CONSULTANTS WITH RGP
- Respect for people and opinions and confidently offer your point–of–view with clients and among colleagues
- A drive for proactively cultivating relationships with clients and colleagues
- Optimism when faced with challenges and complex situations, coupled with the drive to solve client issues
- Dedication to continuous improvement and development of your skillset and talents
- A strong personal identification with RGP's values – loyalty, integrity, focus, enthusiasm, accountability and talent
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE
- Provide technical accounting guidance and support to clients through complex transactions and business changes
- Perform technical research and ensure proper GAAP accounting treatment is performed for all transactions
- Draft and review complex sets of financial statements with disclosures
- Work with cross–functional teams to perform gap analysis of current and future state, develop business requirements and assist in the solution design to enable work streams that comply with newly issued accounting pronouncements
- Assess the impact of new accounting pronouncements on current policies and standards, author memos and accounting policy documents to address the impact from any change in accounting requirements
- Work closely with the accounting and finance teams in addressing day–to–day business activities and associated accounting implications
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's Degree of Finance or Accounting required
- MBA and/or CPA preferred
- 8–plus years of experience in an external reporting or technical accounting role with a large multinational corporation and/or Big Four or large regional accounting firm
- Strong understanding of FASB, US GAAP, and SEC rules and regulations
- Excellent consulting, influencing, and negotiation skills with the ability to communicate across all levels of an organization with a strong attention to detail
Equal Opportunity Employer
RGP is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.