Global Accounting Operations_Expense Accounting - Assistant Manager
State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management and investment research and trading. With approximately $34 trillion in assets under custody and administration and approximately $2.8 trillion in assets under management as of September 30, 2018, State Street operates globally in more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 39,000 worldwide. For more information, visit State Street's website at http://www.statestreet.com/.
Promoting a culture of excellence
With more than 39,000 employees across 29 countries, at State Street, our people are our greatest asset. We recognize that highly skilled, engaged and productive employees are essential to our success. Our company values reflect our commitment to employee engagement, Global Inclusion and corporate social responsibility — to help you build a fulfilling career. Around the world, we aim to be an employer of choice by offering competitive compensation and benefits, personal and professional development opportunities, and a work environment that promotes a diverse array of people, ideas and skills.
We're a company that insists on, and rewards, performance excellence. We know our success hinges on attracting the best people to join us — people like you.
State Street supports flexible work arrangements where determined feasible, consistent with business and operational needs. Subject to an individualized assessment of these considerations, roles may be identified as potentially suited for a flexible work arrangement. Requests for a flexible work arrangement can be made upon hire. All employees at State Street have the ability to request flexible work arrangements, with the final decision based solely on business discretion and subject to management approval.
We encourage you to explore the possibilities that a career at State Street can offer you.
State Street is committed to embracing diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
State street being the world’s top custodian bank, would give sub-custody contracts to other custodians. Accounting team is responsible for the book-keeping and correct representation of costs and balance sheet. The tasks are not limited to mere booking of numbers, but also cover the substantiation, facilitate audits, ensure balances are tied and reconciled etc.
- Review the accounts and GL entries on a periodical basis to facilitate smooth close of books. Comment on major variances and identify the problem areas to prevent re-occurrence
- Liaise with the Joint Venture to resolve any issues. Ensure the day-to-day working of the JV is in a smooth and most effective manner
- Review of reconciliations and highlight un-reconciled items, work with respective teams to resolve the same
- Ensure that accruals for sub-custodian invoices are kept in line with the expected invoices and substantiated with suitable calculations. Release/approve the sub custody invoice payments
- Review SOX audit samples, answer questions. Prepare for the internal/external audits
- Test SCB system in UAT when IT team makes changes. Ad hoc tests as IT needs to upgrade/change software, etc
- Disaster Recovery, annual test, and weekly meetings that proceed it
- Updating SCB system and support reports when a new Sub-custodian Fee Schedule is agreed too
- Track and update SCB system and related reports for retro rebates. Post GL entries
- Annual Sub-Custody proxy review with sub-custodians and determine new proxy rates. Update during year as needed
- Deposit ad hoc checks received throughout year, move to correct GL as needed.
- A team player who is confident in communicating with others in other counties and in English on a daily basis.
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Good team leadership and management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Well-organized and detail-oriented with experience of process improvement
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, use own initiative, and work under pressure to deliver to tight deadline
- Technically proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Commercially aware with a good understanding of the business impacts
Qualifications and Experience:
- Strong academic background educated to at least degree level
- An experienced Manager in an equivalent role and specific tax management experience
- Financial services experience is preferred but not essential
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.