VAT Advisory Specialist
VAT Advisory Specialist
Overview of role
An exciting opportunity has arisen on Primark's Tax team to join a dynamic and fast paced environment as VAT Advisory Specialist. The purpose of this role is to support the business by advising on all aspects of VAT Advisory.
- Proactively advising the business on all indirect tax issues, liaising with external advisors where necessary, covering all jurisdictions in which Primark operates
- Involvement in strategic business projects from an indirect tax perspective – Oracle, Point of Sale requirements, New Market entry etc
- Reviewing, testing and inputting in to projects and systems implementations and assessing the impact from an indirect tax perspective
- Developing the VAT advisory function together with the VAT Advisory Manager to ensure VAT and indirect tax compliance across all relevant jurisdictions.
- Liaising with relevant Tax Authorities where necessary and building on good working relationships established by Primark including supporting with and attending tax audits across all jurisdictions, as required
- Oversight role of VAT compliance team – acting as an escalation point for the VAT compliance team for queries relating to VAT compliance obligations and senior review function, as required
- Providing VAT technical and practical training and advice to the VAT Compliance team (and the Financial Operations teams, as required) on all aspects of VAT and US SUT
- Onboarding of new VAT compliance advisor ensuring smooth and timely transition from existing advisors
- Working closely with Legal, Procurement, and FP&A, to review and advise on the structuring of property and other agreements/contracts from a VAT perspective and to conduct analysis where required
- Leading the response to changes in VAT legislation and practice and keeping relevant business partners and management updated on same
- Identifying and implementing improvements to processes and controls from a VAT perspective including involvement in Internal Audit
Essential knowledge, skills and experience
- Tax qualification (CTA) obtained.
- Accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CPA or equivalent), preferred.
- 4+ years relevant experience (preferably in a Big 4 environment).
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) - need to communicate to all levels within the business.
- Self-motivated and proactive - strong planning and organisation skills, ability to plan and prioritise work schedule and work within agreed timescales.
- Commercial awareness with ability to demonstrate a sound knowledge of wider business factors.
- Have strong financial and analytical acumen as well as excellent Project Management and communication skills.
- MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Oracle experience an advantage
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.