Position: Audit Senior
Years of experience: 3 – 4 years
Department: Audit & Assurance
Reporting to an Audit Manager, the Audit Senior will conduct company audits from planning through to completion.
The tasks will include planning the audit process, research, reviewing current processes and providing recommendations to enhance company policies and procedures.
This role is required to review the work of junior personnel, as well as developing their skills and providing training and support.
The Audit Senior will also perform audit procedures on complex areas of clients’ financial statements and interact with clients to discuss field audit issues.
- Responsible for audit engagements which include initial engagement planning, analysis of controls and processes, preparations and review of audit documentations, management letters and reports.
- Review on business procedures and regulations ensuring on the integrity of operations data and follow compliance.
- Prepare statutory financial statements and audit finalization reports
- Perform internal control testing.
- Familiar with regulatory and reporting requirements
- Cultivate an engaging work environment that promotes a shared commitment to excellence for achieving the firm’s quality, client service, people, and financial objective.
- Provide quality assurance of audit file.
- Responsible for audit planning, internal control system review and audit fieldwork.
- Reviews a complete set of statutory financial statements and finalise audit reports.
- Manages own time effectively to meet engagement timelines and maintains a positive attitude and good pace throughout.
- Allocates responsibilities to junior and staff auditors and monitors progress of team members to ensure completion of work and adjust work plan, where necessary.
- Completes assignments within agreed budgets and timescales and ensure expectations are met.
- Reviews group consolidation worksheets and supporting notes to financial statements.
- Liaises with and manages component auditors on group audits.
- Reviews consolidated financial statements and completion of Financial Statement Disclosure Checklists.
- Produces high quality work promptly and works within Firm’s policies and procedures.
- Identifies and communicates engagement issues as well as engagement progress in a timely and organized manner.
- Researches on accounting and auditing issues that arise during an engagement.
- Makes recommendations that reflect understanding of generally accepted auditing standards and risks inherent to client’s industry.
- Consults Engagement Manager promptly when variances to standard practices are encountered.
- Communicates with audit senior management to create more efficient testing strategies using data.
- Manages client’s requests or issues in a manner that builds trust and strengthens the relationship.
- Demonstrates conscientiousness and commitment to problem solving.
- Demonstrates a commitment to diversity by seeking to understand differences in the ways individuals communicate, work and relate to others
- Acts in a manner consistent with the Firm’s values.
Technical expertise, professional qualifications and experience
- Degree in Accounting, ACCA or its equivalent which is recognised by ISCA.
- Possesses 3 to 5 years experience in providing audit or accounting advisory services.
- Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Possesses good knowledge of office applications (MS Office).
- Possesses strong technical knowledge of accounting and auditing standards.
- Experience in auditing publicly listed entities and other regulated entities will be an advantage.