Public Sector organisation is looking for experienced and enthusiastic Payroll Manager to lead the Trust's busy and friendly payroll and pension team. You will be a self-motivated, pro-active individual with excellent management, communication and numeracy skills and be highly organised and conscientious with the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
As a Payroll Manager, you will be responsible for managing the team of 5 that perform a true Gross to net payroll function. This team is very technically able and will continue to strive for excellence.
- Develop and implement frameworks and processes to effectively deliver the Group Pay and
- Lead, develop, coach and motivate the Payroll & Reconciliation Officers to ensure the delivery
of a high quality service, regularly reviewing work outputs, setting improvement targets and
appraising individual performance.
- Drive a customer first ethos throughout the team, putting the customer at the heart of People
Services ways of working, driving and influencing behavioural change.
- Manage the delivery of accurate pay and reconciliation processing for the Group and its
subsidiaries, including payment and reconciliation of movements for the Group Pensioner
Payroll, ensuring compliance with external bodies.
- Oversee all pension activities are carried out for auto-enrolment and the Group pension schemes
in line with the pension regulations and ensuring accuracy at all times.
- Lead or contribute to continuous improvement initiatives and change projects to enhance
- service performance and customer satisfaction, ensuring deliverable meet service delivery
- Develop, implement and monitor service level agreements and frameworks to enable
consistent reporting and improvement against service standards.
- Strive to deliver excellence in a changing environmen
It is essential applicant have the following to be considered:
- Proven track record in successfully leading, managing and motivating HR teams, including managing team performance.
- Proven track record of managing a payroll and pensions service in a high volume department for a large, complex organisation.
- Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals qualified, or equivalent.
- In depth proven track record in a combined payroll and pensions role and track record of successfully automating and improving processes.
- Proven track record of working with a variety of payroll and pensions systems
- Can do attitude
- Ability to lead and motivate
- Strategic and forward thinking
- Resilient and determined
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent opportunity
- 35 hour week
- 25 days annual leave plus banks
- Annual salary increase
- Pension scheme
- Other benefits- childcare voucher scheme, cycle to work scheme