Head of Audit
The internal audit is to provide independent and objective assurance to improve the effectiveness of internal control, corporate governance, and risk management. He/she is to evaluate the related controls, processes, and mechanisms to ensure they are adequate and in compliance with regulatory principles, industry standards and corporate governance guidelines, as well as to monitor whether resources are being prudently managed and recommend that necessary actions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Evaluates and provide reasonable assurance that risk management, governance systems and controls are functioning as intended to ensure organisation achieves its business objectives.
- Review the business processes to check if the internal controls are adequate.
- Identify and recommend improvement in organisation's operations in terms of efficiencies and effectiveness performance, internal controls, processes.
- Analyse the data to substantiate if any deficiency in controls, excessive expenses, fraud, duplication of efforts/wastage, non-compliance to management policies, laws and regulations.
- Prepare risk-based Internal Audit Plan and execute the Audit as per the plan within the resource utilisation and timeframe to ensure the reliability of financial and data within the organisation.
- Evaluate information security and associate risk exposures.
- Carry out ad-hoc reviews to investigate any area identified and as required by the management.
- Safeguard against losses arising from waste, extravagance, fraud and inefficient administration; suitability and reliability of financial and other management data developed within the organisation;
- Carry out reviews and appraise the soundness, adequacy and application of accounting, financial and operational controls and systems.
- Take appropriate measures for the prevention of fraud and elimination of conditions inducing fraudulent actions.
- Ensure that the prescribed procedures are diligently followed within the organisation, to ensure system, data, controlling and monitoring can be reliable and effective.
- Prepare reports containing observations, comments and recommendations based on carried out work.
- Liaising with the external auditors so that both external and internal audit functions could be carried out efficiently and effectively without duplication of efforts.
- Issue instructions for smooth, effective and efficient working of the departments and take corrective action as necessary to ensure that approved plans and goals are met and that policies established by the organisation are followed.
- Develop an effective team of competent subordinates who understand, and can discharge the obligations of their positions/jobs.
- Report regularly to the management on progress in achieving planned objectives.
- Associate Member of a recognized professional accounting body. Internationally recognised professional accountancy qualification e.g. ACCA and CIPFA.
- At least 15 years post qualification practical audit experience at Audit Head level. FMCG audit experience is an added advantage. Sharp, meticulous and eyes for details.
- Complex decision making within time frame involving known and uncertain variables.
- Significant contributions in policy formulation having a long term impact on departments as a whole as well as relationships with external sources.
- Good communication and articulations skills, well-versed in risk management, problem solving and analytical skills, high integrity, information gathering and resourcefulness.
- Good leadership and able to foster change for the better.