Accounting or Finance Specialist
The Accounting Specialist/ Finance Analyst is primarily responsible for the conduct of assigned engagements. In all phases of an engagement, the Accounting Specialist/ Finance Analyst is responsible for conducting the work in accordance with the quality standards of the Company and of the profession.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Comply with P&A administrative processes, policies and procedures, including staff augmentation rules and guidelines.
- Complete and submit accurate time reports, reimbursement and liquidation in a timely manner.
- Attend to team meetings and huddles.
- Always ensure confidentiality of engagement. The staff should not disclose or make use of any information that he/she may acquire during the course of the engagement other than to properly perform his/her work in connection therewith
- Assume new or different work assignments and schedules willingly. Modify work methods to meet changing needs of the team or client, without compromising ethical standards.
- Show openness and objectivity in weighing conflicting opinions and approaches. Discuss matters willingly with teammates and superiors.
- Seek and recommend efficient and effective ways to accomplish objectives better.
- Show receptiveness to new ideas. Perform new and different approaches with a positive attitude and commitment to success.
- Perform any task or assignment that may, from time to time, be delegated by a superior
- Ensure that the deliverables are sent to the authorized recipients and right addresses and appropriately marked for confidentiality where necessary.
- Understand the client’s business and industry sufficiently to perform and manage the job.
- Know accounting principles and standards and taxation and relevant laws sufficiently to perform the job.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of client’s accounting policies.
- Demonstrate mastery and make effective use of job-related tools (e.g. Oracle, MS Office, QuickBooks, clients’ systems, etc. whichever is applicable)
- Perform duties and responsibilities assigned / given by the client
- Update authorized officers of the client of work progress; give feedback on work performed, difficulties encountered, and issues identified
- Provide the secondment manager-in-charge confirmation of tasks assigned.
- Deal with relationship partners such as clients’ suppliers/ clients, government agencies/ offices as necessary.
- Communicate on a timely basis fieldwork-related issues, problems and difficulties and suggests possible courses of actions.
- Validate engagement findings with the client.
- Produce deliverables that are 100% correct at all times.
- Prepare and maintain calendar of deliverables and make sure that deadlines and agreed turn-around times are met.
- Attend on-the-job trainings or internal/external seminars for professional development.
- Request from the Staff Augmentation Head/ Manager Performance Appraisal Reports (PARs) for each engagement.
- Reach out to mentors and attend mentoring and coaching activities.
- Promote the image of the Company as a provider of high-quality services through good customer relations and responsiveness to clients’ needs, concerns, and requests.
- Regularly communicate with the client with regards to work progress, issues etc. in coordination with immediate supervisor.
- Listen objectively and show understanding of clients’ concerns. Recommend solutions without sacrificing professional objectivity or independence.
- Work harmoniously and effectively with other members of the team.
- Actively participate in official company activities such as staff meetings, quarterly socials, outings, among others.
- Maintain a “can-do” and positive attitude at all times in accepting assignments and working with any other P&A Grant Thornton personnel.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy
- Certified Public Accountant (Accounting Specialist) / non-CPA (Finance Analyst)
- New graduates are welcome to apply
- Well-developed communication skills (oral and written)
- With good interpersonal skills and positive work attitude.