Director - Treasury, Digibank
We design and provide products and services that empower our customers to enjoy greater banking convenience while they extract more value from their money. In particular, we are focused on promoting and developing healthy saving and investment practices across generations.
We are living in exciting times. Technology is reshaping how we live and we want to use it redefine how financial services are offered, which is why Singtel and Grab are coming together. Singtel is Asia’s leading communications group connecting millions of consumers and enterprises to essential digital services while Grab is the leading technology company in Southeast Asia offering everyday services to consumers. Together, we have big dreams to unlock and financial inclusion for people in our region is just one. We want to build a digital bank with the right foundation - using data, technology and trust to solve problems and serve customers.
We are looking for a highly motivated person to become the Lead Treasurer to be based in Singapore. You will be working in close cooperation with the Chief Financial Officer and your primary responsibilities will be; to manage liquidity & capital position, manage the overall net interest income, and market risk profile (including FX and interest rate risks and credit risks). Your aim will be to optimize the return while staying in compliance with all internal and regulatory limits and not endangering any re-payment obligations, taking into consideration the cash needs of all business lines and facilitating the management’s strategy. You will also own various Treasury processes and policies. You will work with the technology team to build treasury systems and make any necessary enhancements to address issues systematically.
Get to know the Role:
- Secretary to the ALCO (Asset-Liability Committee) responsible for stewarding ALCO’s decision making
- Enable the bank to maintain a strong capital position sufficient to support its strategic aims and hold an adequate buffer of high-quality liquid assets to survive extreme but plausible liquidity stress scenarios without recourse to extraordinary central bank support
- Provide ALCO with succinct information relating to market developments, liquidity, capital, recovery and resolution planning, rating agency updates and regulations to guide decision making
- Monitor the strategic balance sheet, liquidity and capital measures to ensure adherence to approved internal and external limits and risk appetite
- Ensure that responsibilities to manage structural liquidity and capital risks are discharged in line with the bank’s risk management framework.
- Support ALCO with analytics, financial information and developing solutions that supports business objectives, complies with the policy and local country regulations and addresses strategic issues and pressure points
- Responsible for Nostro, money market and securities portfolio management and execution of forex and derivatives transactions necessary for liquidity purposes (initiation and execution of payments) and net interest income optimization
- Managing Treasury’s credit and market risk exposures to ensure they are in line with risk and regulatory limits
- Managing overall net interest income and risk profile
- Ensure robust processes, controls and procedures in line with operational risk framework and mitigate operational risk within liquidity and capital management and reporting processes.
- Have and maintain good understanding of applicable laws and regulations pertaining to liquidity, capital, recovery and resolution planning and ensure there is effective analysis & timely implementation of changes to current regulations.
- Liaise with the Central Bank, Auditors and other stakeholders within and outside the bank in relation to the activities within areas of control.
- Ensure effective communication and interpretation of structural liquidity and capital policies and other control requirements and seek appropriate assurance thereof
- Lead and drive internal and external stress tests, ensure robust liquidity and forecasts and coordinate review and renewal of limits, policies etc
The must haves:
- You have at least 15 years of Treasury in financial industry in Singapore
- Solid understanding of banking regulations in Singapore
- Deep understanding of Treasury ALM concept
- Lateral thinker/problem solver in a complex environment
- Good interpersonal skills, with ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships both within and across business units.
- Able to plan and coordinate effectively and manage expectations to achieve the expected results.
- Able to lead, guide and motivate team to meet corporate goals and objectives.
- Ability to construct and deliver clear presentations to senior company executives
- Well-developed communication skills to interact with broad ranges of audiences
- Ability to look beyond individual issues to identify broader themes with wider-reaching impact
- Superb presentation and communication skills
- Experience in project managing complex, cross-functional projects
- Creativity and comfortable with ‘blank sheet of paper’ assignments
- A natural leader who displays integrity, humility and responsibility, with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to empathise and collaborate with stakeholders across functions and at all levels of experience
- A big-picture thinker who is detail-oriented
- Structured thought process and a strong analytical ability, and some experience with operational execution
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to effectively network within the industry and the overall business
- Ambitious, self-driven and highly motivated individual who can work well in a startup VUCA (Volatile, Uncertain, Complex, Ambiguous) environment. Should have a deep desire to excel and develop a career in a fast growing tech company. Should have demonstrated integrity and respect in the performance of their duties.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.