Compliance Controller Philippines
Kerry offers the industry’s largest portfolio of Taste & Nutrition Systems and Functional Ingredients & Actives, serving the Global Food, Beverage and Pharmaceutical industries. We work with the world’s top Retailers and Manufacturing companies to produce some of the best private-label products and tailored Food & Beverage solutions on the market. We also work with the leading Food Service chains helping to deliver appetising, relevant and innovative custom solutions, using our expertise in new product development, production and commercialisation.
Our Values: Courage | Enterprising Spirit | Inclusiveness | Open-mindedness | Ownership
A career with Kerry Taste & Nutrition offers you an opportunity to shape how people across the globe view food and beverage while providing you opportunities to explore and grow as your interests do. With our commitment to a sustainable future, a career with Kerry is something you can feel good about.
About the role
The position will be a ‘hands-on’ Senior Financial Business Professional with self-starting capabilities.
- Management of the annual financial audit process
- Management of the direct and indirect tax requirements for the Philippines operating company including regular reconciliation for financial control purposes
- Ensure that all statutory filing requirements are met, not limiting to direct & indirect taxes, transfer price, legal, payroll, corporate governance and regulations include dealing with Custom & Tax authorities.
- Ensures maintenance of accurate and complete financial records, in compliance with both legal requirements, local accounting and IFRS standards.
- Leads the effort of establishing, monitoring, and enforcing an effective internal controls environment. Liaises with internal and external auditors
- Identify best practices and continuous improvement opportunities and facilitates embedment of the practices into the organization.
- Develops and improves accounting and control policies, procedures, work processes and reporting systems to support growth and efficiency, while reducing complexity and increasing speed.
- Plays a key role in assisting Management in key financial decisions by providing business and financial recommendations on Company specific development and projects.
- Lead and project manage all financial relevant areas on Company specific growth initiatives and strategies
- Meets Corporate financial reporting requirements in a timely and accurate manner.
- Monitors legal, tax and regulatory changes and trends to identify and implement necessary actions to secure continued compliance, while pro-actively identifying emerging opportunities and threats, making recommendations to management.
- Support treasury initiatives and reporting requirement
- Coordinate local operation and functioning of SSC (AP,AR and GL) through review to ensure achievement and compliance of policies, standards and regulations
- Support audit readiness and assist in planning and preparation for future compliance audits
- Act as a local Company Director
Qualifications and skills
You will be a qualified accountant with at least 10 years’ experience and hold CPA/CIMA/ACCA or local equivalent professional certificate. Fluency in English and local language is mandatory.
Technical Skills Competencies:
- Strong Project Management skills/experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- SAP knowledge
- P&L Management
- Astute business and commercial acumen
- Risk management
- Improvement and standardization of processes
- Knowledge on local statutory requirement – audit, direct and indirect tax requirements
- Personal Competencies
- Relationship builder (internally and with customers) with excellent communications skills
- Likes autonomy and is pro-active
- Results driven
- Team player (recognizes successes)
- Decisive (takes tough decisions on priorities)
- Challenges status quo
- Ability to communicate financial information to non-financial mangers
- Solution orientated management style
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and able to establish trust and credibility
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.