Year 12 Virtual Summer Insight Week Audit - Reading
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
Our Year 12 Virtual Summer Insight Week programme is tailored to give you all the experience and insight you need to decide whether an apprenticeship with us is right for you. You’ll gain an insight into your chosen business area and new valuable skills. We will give you the opportunity to look at how we work and where you could fit in.
We’ll help you succeed
Our Year 12 Virtual Summer Insight Week has helped many engaged students weigh up their options on what to do when they leave school. During this week you will gain some valuable insight and new skills to add to your CV – plus some valuable contacts. Even more importantly, you’ll have gained a real understanding of how a professional services firm operates.
- Valuable skills to add your CV
- The chance to network and build relationships
- An understanding of what an apprenticeship at BDO is really like
- A deeper understanding of how our business works including knowledge of our different programmes – Audit, Tax, Advisory and Business Services and Outsourcing
- A head start on your career – with an opportunity to receive a permanent job offer from us with place on our 2022 Apprenticeship Scheme, if successful
Programme & qualification description
Our Year 12 Virtual Summer Insight Week will be run Monday, 12th July to Friday, 16th July. The week will start with a welcome session giving you the opportunity to network with your peers and our brilliant people. You will be allocated a buddy for the week and learn about your chosen team. You will gain an understanding of how can you progress your career with BDO and what professional qualification paths you can choose with us. You'll take part in Introduction into Tax and Audit training as well as webinars, projects and networking sessions. All of these activities will give you a strong understanding of what a Level 7 apprenticeship involves and why it is a valuable alternative to university once you've completed your A levels (or equivalent).
During the week we'll invite you to take part in a presentation and interview, giving you an opportunity to secure a 2022 apprenticeship role with us once you complete your A levels (or equivalent).
This programme is for Year 12 students with:
- Three A-levels or equivalent at A* to C excluding General Studies and Extended Projects (obtained or predicted)
- 9 to 4 in Maths and English at GCSE/Scottish Standards or equivalent (non-UK qualifications also considered)
The application process:
To get a place on the programme you will need to complete our application form. If you meet our eligibility requirements, you will be invited to a virtual online test prep workshop to give you hints and tips to help you succeed at the final stage in the process, our online test.
- The opportunity to meet BDO Partners, Managers and current trainees
- Network with other trainees – both school leavers and graduates – through social and internal events
- You will work on a team project
- You will develop an understanding of how a professional services firm operates, so you can make an informed career decision
- You will get the chance to build contacts and networks with BDO
- You may secure a place on our Level 7 apprenticeship programme which involves working towards a professional qualification
BDO UK provides tax, audit and assurance, advisory and business outsourcing services to companies across all sectors of the economy. We make the time and effort to understand our clients’ businesses and markets. Our partners and staff are specialists in their fields and have a proactive, flexible approach to helping clients overcoming the challenges they face. We aim to be as innovative and entrepreneurial as our clients.
Our approach and expertise are what help us deliver exceptional client service. 95% of our clients would recommend us.
We operate from 17 locations, covering all major business centres, so that we can be close to our clients. We employ 6,000 people who are allowed to be themselves; taking responsibility for their work and their relationships with clients. All our people share core values that underpin both our culture and the value that we bring to our clients. Our values are also reflected in our Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental policies.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.