Direct Tax Specialist
The Tax Specialist role is designed for supporting and delivering activities carried out by the Manage Direct Tax team. The role involves individual contributor responsibilities, primarily as a preparer of a limited number of high complex/material legal entities in Latin America.
- Deliver on time and accurate tax calculation and reporting of Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Direct Tax Provisions and related Advance Tax payments;
- Understand and operate tax provisioning and compliance tools;
- Prepare Monthly (or ad hoc) Tax Returns;
- Support the Annual Tax Return preparation;
- Ensure timely submission of internal reports for direct tax reconciliation to the controllers;
- Responsible for various tax accounts reconciliation;
- Provide monthly submission of direct tax key performance indicators;
- Support quarterly and annual audit (internal and external);
- Develop templates and collate information to respond inquiries from tax authorities and internal stakeholders;
- Keep track, evidences and support for SOX controls effectiveness;
- Support and work on additional/new scope migrations of MDT activities.
Skills & Requirements:
- University degree (Law, Economy, Finance, Accounting preferable)
- Minimum of 4-5 years of experience in accounting/finance in multinational environment
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in Direct Tax calculation and Tax Return preparation
- Experience of using a major ERP system such as SAP, SUN, JDE, Oracle, PeopleSoft will be beneficial
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, specially Excel tool
- Good communication skills
- Comfortable working under time pressure situations
- Ability to work with different times zones
- Fluent English
DisclaimerPlease note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.