Section Manager, IOO - Client Reporting (Invitation for Women Candidates)
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
Work within the Outsourcing Department serving the Operations function for a range of Investment Management clients. Incumbent will be responsible for end to end process/ task administration & flawless delivery of Client Accounting and Reporting functions (Reconciliation between MR reports and Performance data), which includes valuations of Holdings, price and transaction checks using tools like Core Audit, PACE accountable. Managing of generation of valuation & performance reports and sending it to clients. for proper change management support & process improvement. Continuously develop industry/product knowledge. Ability to understand client requirements and apply different servicing approaches to meet the client requirements.
- Strong accounting / financial services/ capital markets work experience or equivalent knowledge
- Ensure that the team is aligned to overall operations objectives
- To ensure due oversight and controls over the daily processes covered by the team.
- Ensure functions are performed with 100% accuracy level and completed within expected timelines as defined in the SLA
- Manage relationships with onshore stakeholders and act as liaison for the team and local management
- Proactively manage workflow, adhering to agreed client SLA’s and turnaround times for resolution of queries.
- Assess exceptions and deviations from the standard support processes and takes appropriate action to ensure correct and timely processing
- Conduct Procedure and work flow reviews to identify opportunities to increase efficiency. Identifies process improvements and service delivery using creative and proactive measures.
- Provide information on the status/progress of exceptions and resulting processes to other departments
- Oversee and play a key role in Audit reviews and checks
- Manage the performance of employees within the team
- Ensure team familiar with and understand requirements described in the Clients’ SLA’s, BCP’s etc.,
- Manage and maintain Key Performance Indicators for the functional areas under their control
- Escalate issues to onshore location when appropriate
- Maintain training and talent matrix for the team.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of the investment management/asset servicing industry, acquired through experience, is critical for this position.
- Demonstrated client servicing capabilities and excellent communication skills.
- Must be resilient to pressure and have the ability to adapt quickly.
- Accuracy and attention to details at all times, and effectively manage deadlines.
- Possess effective coaching/ training skills.
- Organizational skills are required to manage conflicting priorities and multi-task functions in a fast-paced team environment
- Has understanding of regulation and risk environment as it applies to the team
- Ability to work in partnership with Risk, Audit, Control and other internal groups
- General knowledge of financial products and their operations processing requirements
- Specific knowledge of Front office and back office Reconciliation process and management, products and tools.
- Financial Markets
- General knowledge of financial markets, the institutions that govern them and the major firms that operate in them
- Specific knowledge of all relevant EMEA, US & APAC markets
- An understanding of the various departments within Investment management world and how they interact with each other:
- Front Office
- Shared service – Income, Corporate Action, Security coding, Cash posting, Technology support etc.,
- Operations Departments: Confirmations, Settlements, Reconciliation, Data Management.
- Other Support Functions: Finance, Legal & Compliance.
- Specific knowledge of the reconciliation lifecycle – both Back office and Front Office.
- Specific knowledge of cash and stock SWIFT’s / client Interface.
- General knowledge of Income, Corporate Actions, Asset servicing, Web-trade services, Cash processing etc.,
- Equity , FI & Fx Settlement system
- Market exception management systems
- MS Office: Excel, Outlook and Word
- Internet Explorer
- Eagerness and creative attitude towards improving product offering as well as a desire to identify and implement process efficiencies
- Ability to quickly understand new systems, both in-house and market data provider systems such as Bloomberg highly desirable.
- 3 years as a people manager and an overall relevant experience of 9-12 years.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.