Overall job purpose
To support the Payroll section of the National Finance Office in its task of ensuring that the Firm's payroll for 3,500 people and related remuneration and benefit packages are run properly, that all staff are paid the correct amount on time, that the appropriate accounting and statutory records are maintained, and returns are made on time. Please note this role is a maternity cover fixed term contract.
- To keep the Payroll Manager fully informed of the current status of work and of any problems encountered, and to offer suggestions on how these can be resolved efficiently and effectively.
- To check in detail all work undertaken so that it is error free, and to complete work on a timely basis ensuring deadlines are met.
- To assist in the other work of the Payroll section.
- This role supports the payroll section in the following specific matters:
- Maintenance of staff data on the practice management system (PASO).
- Assisting with the running of monthly payrolls, in particular keying monthly change
- Updating sickness and holiday records.
- Support of Human Resources, staff and local office Partners on payroll matters.
- Answering queries as arising by phone and E-mail.
- Assisting with the administration of other Payroll functions as required.
- Ensuring all staff are correctly sited within the firm’s accounting structure.
- Ensuring all statutory payments to staff are made correctly.
- Calculating pro-rata salaries, holiday and other benefits.
Personal and professional qualities
- A minimum of 2 years' solid in-house payroll experience – working on an in-house payroll is essential.
- A good general standard of education, including GCSC (or equivalent) in Maths and English at C or above.
- Methodical, organised and accurate.
- Flexible Confidentiality Integrity.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office software.
- Good communication skills, both verbal & written.
- Excellent team player.
- Ability to calculate pro-rata salaries, holiday and other benefits.
Diversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.
To find out more, please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page on our Careers Website.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.