Tax & Legal Services - Tax - Internal Digital Services - Manager - Middle East
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Job Description & Summary
A career within our Tax & Legal Digital Asset team (Tax Technology), will provide you with the opportunity to work directly with senior Information Technology professionals within PwC, as well as with our clients, in order to provide specialised assistance to troubleshoot and resolve issues surrounding the technical application aspects of our tax technology solutions.
Our team is responsible for acting as the direct liaison with information technology professionals at PwC and our clients by providing specialised assistance to troubleshoot and resolve issues with our tax technology solutions. You’ll focus on utilising proprietary web applications and managing technology support.
A career within the Digital Asset team, will provide the opportunity to support our engagement teams and clients operationally by providing advice on accounting, financial reporting, and strategic business issues. You will help ensure a complete and relevant exchange of information with the engagement teams and clients, provide experts advice on a variety of digital topics, support engagement teams in resolving complex issues, and supporting clients and their subsidiaries in evaluating the potential impact of digital initiatives. You’ll develop strong relationships with our engagement teams and enhance our ability to meet greater investor expectations with the challenges of an increasingly complex business environment. As a part of our team, you’ll help assist engagement teams in the areas of resource management, learning and development, human capital, reporting, technology, innovation, quality and compliance.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a regional team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Hands on development experience in one or more of the following technologies UiPath, Alteryx, Power BI, App Script, low code applications (such as Mendix) and ability to quickly upskill on new tools.
- Understanding of protocols/technologies like Microservices, HTTP/HTTPS, SSL/TLS, LDAP, ODBC, SQL, HTML
- Understanding of Cloud Infrastructure platforms like Azure, AWS or GCP. Linux experience with a focus on the web (Jetty/Apache Tomcat/Nginx) preferred.
- Strong acumen in identifying automation opportunities in the tax life cycle and using the right digital tools to develop digital solutions to address those.
- Keep abreast of the latest digital tools and technologies used by PwC, both locally and globally.
- Understanding of tax processes and service areas in the Middle East, and preferably globally.
- Strong communication and presentation skills to interact with Senior Partners and C-suite.
- Manage multiple projects on tight timelines involving firm’s technology tools to exceed client’s expectations.
- Gain a clear understanding of firm’s risk, quality and governance guidelines. Evaluate all digital projects against these guidelines and help in keeping an overall governance in such matters across the firm.
- Develop new skills outside of your comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Up to 20%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.