Legal Entity Accounting, ENO #157795
Your field of responsibility
Solid line to AVP or equivalent function of Legal Entity Accounting & Review
The Legal Entity Controllers sit in Legal Entity Accounting and Review (LEAR) and are the main point of contact to the Partner Managers for all financial information, including both routine and ad-hoc requirements, related to a single or a group of Legal Entities.
LEAR’s purpose is to support the Group Finance team and the Regional Legal Entity Finance teams in the fulfilment of their reporting and governance responsibilities via the delivery of materially accurate, policy- and GAAP-compliant core financials and baseline analytical review.
They are accountable (for a given Legal Entity or group of legal entities) for ensuring that financial reporting processes and controls in place within Financial & Management Accounting & Reporting (FMAR) are fit for the purpose and that the quality of the outputs produced as a result meets business partner's requirements (accurate, timely, etc).
Legal Entity Controllers are within and part of the process owner organization.
We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our cultural values
Tasks / Responsibilities
Month end close
- Legal Entity Controlling involving supervisory review of Balance Sheet, Income Statement & Off balance Sheet of Shared Service entities
- Analytical review of accounting of Operating expenses, Leases, Cost allocations, etc for PB / IB entities.
- Local (Swiss) GAAP Reporting Governance for all Swiss IB & PB Entities
- Analytical review & variance commentary for Financial Statements and coordinate with divisional controllers to seek better understanding of the business rationale of movements. Ensure that accounting has been done as per accounting policies
- Seek to support team with investigation and seek resolution of inter-company breaks. Ensuring that there are no unexplained / unidentified inter-company breaks
- Review & remediation of Suspense or unexplained balances
- Prepare legal entity package used for presentations to Legal Entity controllers and senior management
- Performing SOX sign off and ensuring appropriate substantiation for SOX and quality assurance review.
- Addressing ad hoc queries from various business partners and counterparties, e.g. Tax, Consolidation, internal and external auditors and divisional finance teams globally.
- Drive process improvements within areas under responsibility.
Involvement in change & project initiatives
- Lead change projects or Policy Implementation Projects from LEC perspective to support any change initiatives, accounting policy changes or new reporting requirements for Swiss entities.
- Proactively support Organisational Change initiatives and constantly review processes for efficiencies by challenging status-quo of existing processes/practices
Your skills and experience
Experience / Exposure
- Understand the value of diversity in the workplace and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work.
- Understanding the key aspects associated with the financial statements and the notes to the financial statements of the legal entity
- Legal Entity Controlling or Financial Accounting Experience of at least 2 years
- Experience in accounting of IB & PB Products
- Accurate knowledge of US GAAP or IFRS or any GAAP accounting requirements
- Clear understanding of control standards by which the legal entity and firm is governed, including those established by the Pan Finance OpRisk Control & SOX 404 Compliance function
- Professional Accountancy Qualification (CA or CPA)
- 2-3 years of LEC or audit experience
- Analytical and structured thinking and problem solving skills
- Outstanding communication skills
- Proficiency in collaboration and organizing skills
Your new employerFind a new home for your skills, ideas, and ambitions. Credit Suisse offers you the ideal environment to progress your career, attractive benefits and excellent training. We are a leading wealth manager with strong global investment banking capabilities founded in 1856. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, and with more than 45,000 employees from over 150 nations, we are always looking for motivated individuals to help us shape the future for our clients. Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Our bank provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as well as those with other needs or beliefs as may be protected under applicable local law. If you require assistance during the recruitment process, please let your recruiter know.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.